Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

procomp vs fabetech 6 inch lift kits

Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
ColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura aboutColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura about
ColdSteelTiger's Tacoma Gallery
Smile procomp vs fabetech 6 inch lift kits

Which lift kit is the better one and why....I am a noob so I have no clue. earlier I made a post about camburg 6 inch suspension but it is a long travel and I dont think I want a long travel anymore
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like you need to decide which direction you want to take your truck.

Started with LT and now you're looking at a ProComp or Fabtech lift? Figure out what you want to do with your truck, or if it's just for looks. Then decide on a budget, and go from there.

That's my opinion.

Fink
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Are you planning on crawling malls? rocks? or bombin on whoops at 70mph?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
theyre both dropped bracket lifts
they both have their ups and downs
not the best if you plan on wheeling..

But dude. I think I speak for a lot of the other posters on here in saying this:
before you just make a thread about something you see that piques your curiosity
DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE STARTING A THREAD ABOUT IT.

Being a noob is one thing. Inexperienced? sure. but you dont have to start a thread about something because you don't want to look up info on it yourself.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ut-please.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ut-please.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ion-costs.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ve-locker.html

are all threads you made that were completely unnecessary had you done the proper background research.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
ones arched the other isn't, thats it.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
theyre both dropped bracket lifts
they both have their ups and downs
not the best if you plan on wheeling..

But dude. I think I speak for a lot of the other posters on here in saying this:
before you just make a thread about something you see that piques your curiosity
DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE STARTING A THREAD ABOUT IT.

Being a noob is one thing. Inexperienced? sure. but you dont have to start a thread about something because you don't want to look up info on it yourself.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ut-please.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ut-please.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ion-costs.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ve-locker.html

are all threads you made that were completely unnecessary had you done the proper background research.

OP,

Like Kona says, you have to help us just as much as we have to help you. Figure out what exactly you want, get the basic on it using the incredible amount of knowledge that is already on this board and then post up with specifics.

Oh...and...IBTL.

Fink
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
ColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura aboutColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura about
I want a lift that can handle rock crawling, is comfortable on the road (good handling), and can handle tight trails.

PS what is IBTL
Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelTiger View Post
I want a lift that can handle rock crawling, is comfortable on the road (good handling), and can handle tight trails.

PS what is IBTL
IBTL = In before the lock

get an OME lift kit...

Drop bracket lifts are not very popular among the offroading crowd...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
Quote:
How much are you willing to spend?
5-7 thousand USD
Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
5-7 thousand USD

Fink
Old 11-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
5-7 thousand USD
Look into
Coilovers -(sway-a-way, King, Fox, Icon)
paired with new UCA's (Camburg, Downsouth motorsports, Total chaos)

with rear resi shocks (Fox, Icon, Bilstein, King)

and a new leaf pack (Deaver, All-pro expo, OME Dakars)
for the rear

^^
These'll get you 0-3.5" in the front, and 3-4" lift in the rear, and the best quality lift for offroading.

but again, we can only guide you in a general direction. proper research and the final trigger pull is all on you
Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
which direction does the bill of your hat point, at what angle, and do you drink energy drinks? which ones? Im assuming this is a second gen?

procomp and fabtech are great lifts, for looks. six inches of actual lift will cost you a very pretty penny, but perform so much better then procrap and fabshit. if you take a look around the forum you will see most members are rockin a 3", as its affordable, you can run stock cv's (if you are 4wd), and just avoids alot of headache. anything longer and you need to go long travel, it moves the wheels futher away from the center in the front as to keep the cv's at a better angle, but you have to run tundra cv's or modded taco's (if your 4wd. long travel for a 5 lug is insane. lets hear some more about your truck.

edit: shit for 7k you could do this right, dont know about a full long travel but definetly going in the right direction. does this factor in new wheels?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Quote:
Look into
Coilovers -(sway-a-way, King, Fox, Icon)
paired with new UCA's (Camburg, Downsouth motorsports, Total chaos)

with rear resi shocks (Fox, Icon, Bilstein, King)

and a new leaf pack (Deaver, All-pro expo, OME Dakars)
for the rear

^^
These'll get you 0-3.5" in the front, and 3-4" lift in the rear, and the best quality lift for offroading.

but again, we can only guide you in a general direction. proper research and the final trigger pull is all on you
Isn't there a kit I can just buy instead of sourcing all this stuff? This is all so new to me I have a 2009 tacoma sr5 4x4
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #16
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
5-7thou? The dick sucking business must be damn good cause I vividly recall you saying that you had no money less than a week ago...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
5-7 thousand USD
Jeezus, I thought you couldn't afford this stuff...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
These are the best pics i could find to show the thickness of the materials. I suggest Fabtech... thats what I ran.
Attached Thumbnails
procomp vs fabetech 6 inch lift kits-6inchliftcomparision.jpg  
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Isn't there a kit I can just buy instead of sourcing all this stuff? This is all so new to me I have a 2009 tacoma sr5 4x4
Not really, unless you go to a shop and have them do everything for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
5-7thou? The dick sucking business must be damn good cause I vividly recall you saying that you had no money less than a week ago...

and this ^^^^
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Thats why if u read my post you shit head it says which lift is better not getting a lift. I plan on doing this in 2 years from now so I should have the money by then if i put 300-400 bux a month aside for 2 years