Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what shocks with Deavers J66

Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
what shocks with Deavers J66

I'm about to pick up a deavers j66 10 leaf pack... I think it's about 1.5" rear lift... But I was thinking I might need a small block lift as well to reach my height goal... First, is it a bad idea to do that? If not, and I use a 1-2" block what shocks would be decent? I'm thinking either the icon or fox with the remote res, both 2.0's... But how much travel can I expect to have? That's how I determine what shocks to get right? I'd like to get 2.5's but don't have that kind of money yet lol...

I'm also going to be running Dr coilovers with TC UCAs and possibly some spindles...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Save up for some Icon 2.5's lol! I'm guessing a 10" shock but you'll ideally want to measure compressed and extended lengths without shocks to get your travel numbers.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
2.0's will be fine and do not use blocks, get longer shackles or shackle flip kit i think it is for the 2nd gens... anyway its reasonable and mike is totally right on with how you measure!

also mike you missed out today!!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
What's a good brand for the shackle flip kit? I found ATO so far... And I'm assuming it doesn't really change the ride but just adds a little more lift?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
What's a good brand for the shackle flip kit? I found ATO so far... And I'm assuming it doesn't really change the ride but just adds a little more lift?
Thats the only one I know of lol its a solid product and no your spring and shock setup valving weight capacity determine the ride. the shacle flip will lift and give you more travel.

A block will hurt ride quality.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
shackle flip will give you more down travel but also stresses the springs, but gives you better clearance...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
overall I want the trucks stance to be like factory... So if I go with 3.5" spindles with the coilovers set as low as possible.. How would I lift the rear an additional 3" from factory... Cause the shackle flip plus the deavers would only be 2" right?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
shackle flip will give you more down travel but also stresses the springs, but gives you better clearance...
So how do people usually lift the rear?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
OME or Allpro will put you at 2.75"-3" or 4" with AP's expedition pack!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
So how do people usually lift the rear?
i have a lift block, but will be having a custom spring pack made shortly.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #11

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks beast Patrick! Especially with the 35" spare tire!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Truck looks beast Patrick! Especially with the 35" spare tire!
man you need to see it now
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Was it a bad idea to get the deavers if i'm going for a baja type of setup and only doing a total of about 3-4" of lift all around? Although I do want the rear to be a lil higher than the front to give it that factory look...
Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #14

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles will lift the front 3.5-4" depending on brand and the rear lift will be 1.5" from the deavers plus the 1.5" stock so you'll be bro'ing a little. Your prob fin with the icons at their preset height of 2.5" and the deavers but you won't have 3-4" all around!

If your looking for a full 3-4 inches from the spindles and coilovers you'll want a diff leaf pack! Sell me those deavers, lol!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
My girlfriends truck has camburg spindles and a used J66 pack in the rear and it sits almost perfectly level
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #16
There is no way. My friend ran the deavers and they didn't lift much at all.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Way. Ill see if I can find a picture of it. Im sure she has some on here somewhere
Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #18

Camburg spindles. Stock C/O's. Deaver J66 pack that she bought used

Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #19
Hmm well my buddies were beat on daily so maybe that's why?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #20

Possible. The guy she bought these off of said these would need to be re-arched but we just put them on and they were perfect