Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

"Bang-for-Buck" Lift

Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Equara11 is on a distinguished road

Equara11's Tacoma Gallery
"Bang-for-Buck" Lift

Being on a budget and as a new member, I'm seeking advice for the best 3" lift for my new 2011 DCab 4x4 without going with a full suspensiion lift . I want to maintain the factory ride as much as possible, use the factory tires (265/60/16) for now, and be able to feel confident going off-road at times. I wish for the the truck to be level, yet look more aggressive than stock. I'm partial to rear blocks, but could be convinced otherwise. I've read many threads, but remain so confused as to which way to go. Many thanks up front for any advice.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I don't really think you're gonna find a full 3" lift that is going to ride like stock. Maybe piecing things together, get some longer coils, but at 3", you have very little down travel left on a stock suspension as well. On top of that, anything over 2" and you'll want new upper control arms to correct bump steer. You can drive without em, but your steering wheel pulls all over the place and the tires will scallop eventually.

Rear blocks in our trucks induce axle wrap, not a desirable trait.

If you want cheap, PM me. I am getting rid of my old cheap suspension. I have a Les Schwab (tough country iirc) 3" spacer lift, already mounted on the stock coils and rougly 2" AAL for the back. The front coils have about 90k on them, but they're solid still. It will be very much plug and play for you, since you won't need a spring compressor. To finish install you will want a new leaf spring centering pin, roughly 6 bucks at most at any 4WD store, or probably an autoparts store too. You should also buy the differential drop spacer, I think toytec has em for dirt cheap.

No, it won't drive like a caddilac, far from it, but it will be dirt cheap and get you lifted, then later down the road you can save up and get a nice lift like I did. I just need to get rid of this stuff. PM or search my gallery for the pics.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if you are keeping the stock tire height I would say either go with new eiback coils (1.6") and billy 5100's set at .85 and a 1.5" AAL. this would give you right around 2" in the front and level you out

or just get the 5100's and set them at 1.75" and call it a day.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I went with -

OME Full Suspension Lift (884's, Toytec AAL)
Light Racing UCA's
Extended stainless steel brake lines in the rear

I don't really remember how it rode stock, but the ride is aweosome IMO.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Just keep reading posts in this section! There's a lot of diff ways you can go. Best thing is read more and learn then decide whats best for your situation!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #6

Thanks for the info guys. What's the word on the street about OME suspension lift kits?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
OME is suppose to be really good. and you can pick between 884, 885, or 886 coils. depending on if you have a plate bumper or winch up front.

Go to toytec lifts or wheelersoffroad.com and check them out
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #8

I'm leaning towards OME. Is the 884 the plusher of the 3 coils?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equara11 View Post
I'm leaning towards OME. Is the 884 the plusher of the 3 coils?
Yes , but also least amount of lift