Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Question

Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
ih8hippies is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Veteran IS1
ih8hippies's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Question

I've read the "Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide" & went through quite a few threads from this forum, and others, that have covered what should be done.
So I am not really looking for a guide...just opinions. This is for a 3 inch lift.

This is not my first Tacoma and I've had an OME lift -they are not an option for me.

I am looking for front-end opinions only for the following:

UCA's: Total Chaos or All Pro?

Coilovers: Fox or Icon

Appreciate any feedback!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
All good choices.....pick a color! Didn't like OME or what?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Your TW screenname is awesome!!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW i have the icon coilovers and i love the ride and it handles great offroad and onroad. I am looking into the total chaos UCAs and its between those or the camburg ones (depends on whatever better deal comes first). I havent heard too much about the all pro UCAs, but im sure theyre comparable too. Cant go wrong with any of those options though.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
X2

I'm running Fox extended Co's with TC UCA's and it's a pretty bad ass set up. I had 5100's and Eibach coils before and these out preform those any day.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
ih8hippies is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Veteran IS1
ih8hippies's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Didn't like OME or what?
I had major squeaking & vibration issues. I spent a lot of $ trying to get the issues fixed and the experience put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not saying they're bad...lot's of folks have had no problems. I was one of the few who did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco
Didn't like OME or what?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987
I am looking into the total chaos UCAs and its between those or the camburg ones
I was looking at the Camburg's, but I understand that they don't correct alignment issues? Err...not sure if that is with their 1' or 1.25'...

TC UCA's it is! I guess I'm gonna have to toss a coin on these coilover's...
Old 11-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Camburgs do correct alignment. I've heard the larger uniball can cause issues hitting the coils at full droop with ext travel!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
davidfj is on a distinguished road

davidfj's Tacoma Gallery
LOL @ your SN.