Notices

Another LIFT thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
UberNuub
jarpil is on a distinguished road

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to jarpil
Another LIFT thread

I am sorry for starting another thread like this but after going through all the lift threads on this forum for two days i am confused the same i was before i began reading.
I am thinking about 2-3" lift with 285's Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ tires with 16" wheels. If i do that i want to do it right and have no issues with tire wearing etc.
I was told in our local shop that new rear shocks would be needed as the stock Billsteins wouldn't work. Front shocks would work according to the local shop guy. I was thinking about set of Billstein 5100's for all 4 corners and then i don't know...
Do i need spacers? Do i need to do any trimming? I would appreciate greatly a help in this as i am really confused.

Would Revtek 3" lift http://www.revtek.com/toyotasusp.asp#426 work with stock shocks?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Nooooo! Revtek is the last thing you want! If you're looking for 2-3" out of those get some eibach coils too! With the 5100's set at .85" you'll have 2-2.5".......or toytec already sells a set for $599 and you can replace them yourself with basic hand tools, no spring compressor needed!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
UberNuub

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
Ok no spacers then. I am leaning towards 5100's with Eibachs and Toytec AAL(do i need AAL with my suspension TSB?). Should I get 5100's for all 4 corners or just the front and keep stock rear Billsteins?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarpil View Post
Ok no spacers then. I am leaning towards 5100's with Eibachs and Toytec AAL(do i need AAL with my suspension TSB?). Should I get 5100's for all 4 corners or just the front and keep stock rear Billsteins?
It depends how much you want to lift it & if you want to keep factory rake (rear higher). It will ride better with 5100s in the rear also but no it isn' t required. If you get an AAL get the longer 5100s for the rear.
A locals Taco. He has the TSB leafs
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Finally installed my OME 884s, Billies all around, ProComp 7089s, and KM2s

Before:

After OME and Billies:

With the new shoes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
The rims are 16x8, 265/75/16 tires, and I have the TSB pack. When we originally put the lift on it looked to lean a little but now I can't really tell. Maybe my driveway is crooked but at this time no spacers for lean.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
UberNuub

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
I have not decided yet but this is what i am thinking about:
Toytec lift kit:http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I will get Moto Metal 951 16/9 wheels with 285's M. Thompson Baja ATZ tires.
Do i need differential drop kit and new UAC's?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
UberNuub

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
....If you get an AAL get the longer 5100s for the rear
Are the longer ones included in the kit i mentioned?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have not decided yet but this is what i am thinking about:
Toytec lift kit:http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=58894&category_id=113&option=com_ virtuemart&Itemid=72

I will get Moto Metal 951 16/9 wheels with 285's M. Thompson Baja ATZ tires.
Do i need differential drop kit and new UAC's?
No on the diff drop.
Debatable on the UCAs. Some say yes, some say no, Some say maybe.
I am runnining stock UCAs and it drives fine with stock 245/75/16s.
I've heard with larger tires they may be nessasary. I'm going to get 265/75/16s and will see what it drives like.

Quote:
Are the longer ones included in the kit i mentioned?
I would ask ToyTec before ordering.
From the Downsouth Motorsports website:
0" to 1.5" Rear Lift on NON-TSB leaf springs, Shock Part #: BE5-C478-T0
Extended Length: 22.94"
Collapsed Length: 14.02"

3" to 4" Rear Lift Shock Part #: BE5-B110-T5
Extended Length: 27.28"
Collapsed Length: 16.34"
Old 11-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
With a 2" rear lift the longer ones will be cutting it close. The compressed length may be an issue.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
With a 2" rear lift the longer ones will be cutting it close. The compressed length may be an issue.
He's talking TSB leaf pack & AAL. I think the TSB leafs add 1 1/2" and the TSB AAL is 1 1/2" for a total 3" lift.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your not sorry dammit! lol jk jk I would suggest the toytec lift or OME lift.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
UberNuub

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
Still have not decided what to do yet.... Put new wheels on with AT 265's BFGoodrich tires. Now i am thinking about the lift. Got an estimate for OME lift from a local 4wd shop. They want $450 just to install the lift which i think is little too steep.
Attached Thumbnails
Another LIFT thread-img_0808.jpg   Another LIFT thread-img_0809.jpg   Another LIFT thread-img_0810.jpg   Another LIFT thread-img_0812.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #12

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Just get 5100's all around and set the front at 1.75" w/ 1.5" aal. Don't get the longer rear shock because the tsb only adds 1/2" I believe.

Edit - OME is a good choice too! Your prob looking at 4hrs of work for a shop to do either setup!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Got an estimate for OME lift from a local 4wd shop. They want $450 just to install the lift which i think is little too steep.
It's not hard to install a lift. Another TW member and I did two complete lifts in under 4 hours with some help from my wife.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still have not decided what to do yet.... Put new wheels on with AT 265's BFGoodrich tires. Now i am thinking about the lift. Got an estimate for OME lift from a local 4wd shop. They want $450 just to install the lift which i think is little too steep.
$450 doesn't seem that steep for 4 hours of shop time
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Maybe not it canadian dollars!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Maybe not it canadian dollars!
The dollar is at par !!!!

How much is a shop rate down there ?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
UberNuub

jarpil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The quote is for 6 hrs at $75/hr. Also the OME kit he is selling is 100 bucks more then i can get it online + $52 freight which is ok.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
It's not hard to install a lift. Another TW member and I did two complete lifts in under 4 hours with some help from my wife.
she sounds like a keeper.