Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

torque specs

Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
torque specs

hey guys i need some torque specs for the lower control arm and icons
i got new lowers and i need to know the torque specs for the caster and camber bolts and also the uniball torque and where the uniball plate connects to the spindle

then for the icons i need to know what torque spec the 3 bolts are for the top plate and the lower bolt that attaches to the lca thanks guy
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the lca bolts, but I just went as tight as I could with a wrench on the coilover top.
_
Old 11-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yep, "steering knuckle", "upright", "spindle", potato, same thing.

Note: the three bolts holding the Icon top plate against the shock bucket should not be reefed on. They are coarse thread, so they don't need the same torque as the OEM top plate studs. The bolts are lightly loaded and have lockwashers as backup; they won't loosen in use.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^ Yep, "steering knuckle", "upright", "spindle", potato, same thing.

Note: the three bolts holding the Icon top plate against the shock bucket should not be reefed on. They are coarse thread, so they don't need the same torque as the OEM top plate studs. The bolts are lightly loaded and have lockwashers as backup; they won't loosen in use.
I actually have icon cook overs the total choas is the lca that I got
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
When you doing the install? I can help.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
When you doing the install? I can help.
Gunna do it at work one day and take it around the corner to get aligned it will be so much easier. Idk what day I'm just waiting for them in the shop to finish up a water pump on a truck