Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front suspension very soft and touchy

Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
sarange is on a distinguished road
sarange's Tacoma Gallery
Front suspension very soft and touchy

I have a 2003 Tacoma 4X4 crew cab. Recently I notice the front suspension is very touchy, soft and seems like catches the grooves on the highway and goes dizzy. I checked the front shocks, no leak or any damage....
What is the problem? need help
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Umm soft and touchy? Goes dizzy? Is your truck menstruating?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Check to make sure all your lug nuts are correctly tightened, if one is loose, jack up the wheel and loosen and re-torque all of them on that wheel. For whatever reason, your alignment may be off. You probably should take it to an alignment shop and see if they can find anything.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
sarange's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the response, everything you mentioned is fine, could it I have bad shocks? but there are no leaks etc..
Old 11-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
If the shocks have not been replaced, it is likely that your shocks are bad. Soft shocks are a general indicator of this.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
If the shocks have not been replaced, it is likely that your shocks are bad. Soft shocks are a general indicator of this.
x2 assuming that your running on either stock or older shocks, with them being "soft" it makes me think that its time to replace them and the springs. When you hit bumps does the front end continue to bounce up and down for a little while after?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
stand on the front bumper and bounce up and down. if theres not a lot of resistance and the truck bounces easily could be time for new shocks. how many miles are on the truck?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
My 02 is doing the same exact thing. Front end wants to wander where ever the hell it wants to. It catches every rut/crack in the road and follows it. Judging on the condition of my rear springs, I need new shocks all around. Either that or an alignment.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
sarange's Tacoma Gallery
same front end issue

Ok guys, I chaned the front struts, I still have same issue, the front wonders all over, I jacked up the front axle, move the tire, I noticed the rack and pinion housing moved slightly in the u shape rubber bushing, is that normal?
Should I change all the bushings into polyeurethene? HELP?