Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100??? confused about install

Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
bwhit is on a distinguished road
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
5100??? confused about install

07 quad cab 4x4 non trd with TSB

I was looking at coil overs for the front end and ran into some confusion. The Hoe's came as a unit with the spring coilover around the shock. When I looked at the Bilstein's 5100 there was no coilover. Can you use the billys on the front with the stock coils???
Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
5100s are just adjustable shocks, not coilovers. To my knowledge, they are best paired up with the stock coils. I would say the majority of people here run them with the stock coils, including myself.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhit View Post

I was looking at coil overs for the front end and ran into some confusion. The Hoe's came as a unit with the spring coilover around the shock. When I looked at the Bilstein's 5100 there was no coilover. Can you use the billys on the front with the stock coils???

yes, i have the stock coils on mine with no problem and so do many others as well
Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes use them with stock coils. i hear the 1.75 setting evens out the truck but I have mine at 2.5 so the front is a bit higher.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
seancanterbury will become famous soon enough

seancanterbury's Tacoma Gallery
im a little confused. can i still use my 3 inch spacers in the front with the 5100s?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancanterbury View Post
im a little confused. can i still use my 3 inch spacers in the front with the 5100s?
Only if you put the Billy's on the lowest setting,,,stock height.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I would just get rid of the spacers and adjust the 5100s to the highest setting which will give you 2.5" of lift. They will preform far better then spacers.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #8

would it be level? i have the add-a-leafs in the back
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty close I think if set on 2.5
Old 11-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #10

well when i run across 250 bucks that'll be the next thing i get.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
I just posted this thing and got nine reply's. This site ROCKS! Just found the billys with the coil over kit....$799 any advantages to that as opposed to the stock coils???
Old 11-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
I just posted this thing and got nine reply's. This site ROCKS! Just found the billys with the coil over kit....$799 any advantages to that as opposed to the stock coils???
ToyTech coil over is adjustable,This uses Eibach springs which are 2" longer.Maintain same lift w/less preload.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Got a link to that "coil over kit"?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #15

Quote:
The rear will sit a little higher. This is my truck setup at 2.5" up front with 2" AALs in the rear.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #16
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?opt...d=64&Itemid=53
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
looks like the perfect lift.... I have the TSB done in the rear how do you think that compares to your AAL???
Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #18
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I'm jealous, that is exactly the look I'm going for... thinking about toyo m/t 265/70/17's
Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #19

Quote:
looks like the perfect lift.... I have the TSB done in the rear how do you think that compares to your AAL???
I actually just removed the AALs and got the TSB done today. I think it sits perfectly leveled, but the springs still need to break in.

The truck drives 10000x better now with the TSB as oppose the AALs.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #20
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
do they still sell those countersteer wheels.. I couldn't find them on the website???