Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

would i need a lift

Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
That hurt my brain trying to read....

but how "good" something looks is completely subjective, it's up to you to decide what you want

LT isn't a lift
and
if you spend $1000's of dollars to make fender flares look good, the more power to you,
but do you need them? Do you offroad?

other members have run fender flares with normal lifts and liked them. in the end it's alllllll up to you
Old 11-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^
I added to my post.

Its up to you.

but you realize "should I just go LT to make them look good" = "Should I spend $12,000+ to make them look good" right?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #5

basically OP, people get the fenders after they get the suspension because they need them.

they don't usually get the flares then the suspension to make the flares "look good"

IMO, save your money for a better lift, then think about flares.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken taco View Post
would i need to put MT or LT on to get the fender flares to look good or do you think it look fine with the 2 1/2 in spacer i have in the front. and BFG mud terrains. http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/19to20topa.html
and i want the 4.5in in front and back
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

but you realize "should I just go LT to make them look good" = "Should I spend $12,000+ to make them look good" right?
x2
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Hahahahahahaha. I thought the same thing the first time I read it so I just left it alone.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Only add them if you need them.......and it sounds like you prob won't!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
ColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura aboutColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura about
ColdSteelTiger's Tacoma Gallery
Though LT was a lift. Speaking of LT what will having the front LTed do and not the rear
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelTiger View Post
Though LT was a lift. Speaking of LT what will having the front LTed do and not the rear
Calling LT a "lift" is like calling a

a "truck"
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Long Travel is a suspension system not a lift. That's like saying I'm installed a SAS lift a lot of guys do it one at a time you just don't have full LT until the front and rear are done.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

im going to guess you tried to say this.

Thought LT was a lift? Speaking of LT what will having the front lted do while the rear end is not long traveled.

it does lift the truck, but people do not buy long travel for a lift. they buy it for the better suspension.

the rear end will always limit you, so you will not be able to hit stuff as fast when doing prerunning. if you want a capable lt truck you must do the rear also.