LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My Alignment Numbers

Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
My Alignment Numbers

Over the last 2 nights I installed my lift (1.75" in front and 1.5" in back), and today I took it to the stealership for an alignment. I should have known better but Kal Tire (a major Canadian chain) quoted $100 for an alignment and so did the dealership... but they didn't mention it's an extra $40 for 4WD vehicles until I got there .

All that aside, here are the final numbers:

Camber: Left 0.8 Right 0.4
Caster: Left 1.3 Right 1.4
Toe: Left 0.08 Right 0.06

My main question is should I be concerned about the low caster? I have stock UCAs so I know this is the cause, but I don't really want to buy new ones at this point. Also is the relatively high camber and the cross camber an issue?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
That's driveable. Left camber's a little high but still in range.

If you took it back they could probably reduce camber a little (but still in range) and give you a little more caster.

But caster is just a "feel" thing. If it's not too skittish for you, then by definition it's good enough.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Can't they get your toe to 0 or is that good enough? $140 is outrageous for 2 tires! There's no offroad shops within a decent distance?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Can't they get your toe to 0 or is that good enough? $140 is outrageous for 2 tires! There's no offroad shops within a decent distance?
Yeah I know the price is high but alignments (and everything else) are more expensive in Canada. I didn't shop around much though, next time I will be more picky.

Edit: They also gave me before and after numbers for the rear. Thrust angle apparently improved by 0.02 degrees. I don't know if that's an error or if they actually tweaked the U-bolts.