Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

IF I GET THIS LIFT WILL I HAVE BAD VIBES?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation IF I GET THIS LIFT WILL I HAVE BAD VIBES?

Currently I have 5100's all around and the front is set up at 1.75. I have no rear tsb in the back. Truck sits almost perfectly level now
my question is if I get eibach coils with the 5100's set at .85 and do a aal by icon will I get strange vibes and driveline vibrations or no?

Suggestions please, Anybody have pics with this setup on a access cab?
I have heard the 5100's with eibach coils set at .85 will get around 2.2-2.5 in of lift
Old 11-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
each truck is different. some get vibes when lifted, some dont.

i have a 3" lift in the front and a 2" in the back and i got a very small drive line shudder at take off. its no big deal though.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
No vibes here. Axle shims, maybe a carrier bearing drop could fix it if you get them.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I had that set up and had no vibes. I wheeled it hard and drove it hard/fast and did a few 1500+ mile road trips, no vibes!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am happy where I am at right now, I just want to add another inch to the back and front along with some wheel spacers

heres how I look at it
eibach coils 1.6 in + 5100 set at .85= 2.45 which will settle a little
icon 1.5 aal should give me right at 1.5-2in in back which may settle over time. Its not much but I dont want to REGRET IT IF I DO IT
also will I need new uca's when I do this or no?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
When I installed it I put the shims and carrier bearing drop in it just to do it. No vibes for me
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you still have stock coils, ditch those and get the eibachs or ome.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the big benefit of eibach springs over just setting billies at 2.5? Most threads I have read say you get about 2.7 in height. Not much of a difference but maybe they (ebachs) give better ride quality? Im curious to because I may do the same.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Incredible difference in ride quality.
I want a better ride trust me, did you install the carrier bearing drop and shims yourself raswank?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
No I had everything done for me, as a safe guard I had the shims, and bracket put in.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I have this set up myself. Toytec's new complete Bilstein 5100/Eibach combo
Attached Thumbnails
IF I GET THIS LIFT WILL I HAVE BAD VIBES?-017.jpg   IF I GET THIS LIFT WILL I HAVE BAD VIBES?-016.jpg  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #14

Quote:
No I had everything done for me, as a safe guard I had the shims, and bracket put in.
If you dont mind me askin how much did that cost for the shims and carrier bearing installed?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Um it cost me about 150.00 to have new rear 5100's,1.5 AAL with new Ubolts, shims, and carrier bracket.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Um it cost me about 150.00 to have new rear 5100's,1.5 AAL with new Ubolts, shims, and carrier bracket.
did you just put the coils on or did you put 1/2 inch spacer on the driver side? What size tire are you running?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
What does tsb stand for first off?? Also, I have a 2010 TRD Sport and am wondering what the best setup has been for everyone? Ive read that an OME 885 w/ Bilstein 5100 w no adjustment is the way to go along with the bilstein 5100 in the rear. Whats your opinions on setting the Bilstein 5100 at max w/ out the OME 885 along w/ 5100s in the rear? I am wanting to run 285/70/17's BFG Mudterrains and is the a decent tire size? Opinions pls