Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Good suspension lift and leveler

Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
McLemore is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
McLemore's Tacoma Gallery
Good suspension lift and leveler

I have a 2011 4X4 Regular Cab. I am wanting to get a 3" suspension lift and I also want it to be level. Does anyone know of a suspension lift that can also level it. Like a 4" for the front and a 3" in the back? And that comes with shocks. I don't want to use leafs. And it doesn't have to be completely level I just want to be able to run the biggest tires I can and not have a lot of room in my fenders. Any advice?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
racerxtaco will become famous soon enoughracerxtaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Joey
racerxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
advice..try the search function, there 8902458936485 threads on this
p.s. welcome to tacoma world, glad to have ya.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
OK I'm bored so I got this. Three inches is the magic number for our trucks. Below that cost less and is more useable offroad. Above that you need a very complex and more expensive drop bracket lift which looks awesome but is less desireable offroad.

Start here: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

This has a very nice ride, works well offroad, and can fit 33 inch tires with some trimming. I'm biased because I run this.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
No shit! First post and he asks the same question that's been asked 17,000 time before. Some people just want the answer fed to them and not have to think.

From here on out I'm giving BS advice for noobs that should search before posting!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Fuckin' A man recommend a good spacer lift for noobs
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
I found all the researching to be an enjoyable part of the lifting experience
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Damn noob. Not even a quick thanks for answering his question. That is if he even bothered to read my answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
No shit! First post and he asks the same question that's been asked 17,000 time before. Some people just want the answer fed to them and not have to think.

From here on out I'm giving BS advice for noobs that should search before posting!
Welcome to the internet.

Fink
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
come on guys.... no need to flame because of him NOT answering.

OP-
there are many combos of parts you can add to lift the front and the back. It all depends on your budget.

Up front, the cheapest/good quality way to lift the front would be to add 5100's mated with eibach coils. If you set the 5100's to the middle setting with the coils it'll get you 3" of lift. Other "cheaper" end lifts include OME's kit, which gets you 3" all around. After that, you can look into coilovers (SAW, Icon, Fox, King) that can get you up to 3-3.5" in the front.

With the rear, the suspension of our trucks use leafs for height and shocks for dampening; rear shocks do not provide lift. there are many leaf packs that can get you 3", (OME Dakars, all pro, deavers) You will have to use leafs unless you go with lift blocks.... But they make the ride crap and wear out leaf packs quick.

Check this out
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3984628
Old 11-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berg2065 View Post
I found all the researching to be an enjoyable part of the lifting experience
i agree. i learned alot about my truck by doing the research on this site. i know pretty much the direction i'm headed with my truck and several places to find it. i don't ask very many questions here because there's info EVERYWHERE.

i have had my noobie questions before, dang, i still do.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer lift's from here on out, lol! You could search and find the answer to 98% of questions. I def have had some noob posts but I did some research prior to posting.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Damn noob. Not even a quick thanks for answering his question. That is if he even bothered to read my answer.
Well, I have had the same type of question, and have been trolling the suspension forums for about a year now.... even PM'd Chris4x4 to talk about it.... Still don't know what I want to do, even though I'm likely gonna end up a pavent krawler - I just want the looks of an extra 2-3". I hate halfassing stuff, so sooner or later I'll drop the grand or so needed for a kit and some UCA's.

So if not from him, I say:

THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
come on guys.... no need to flame because of him NOT answering.

OP-
there are many combos of parts you can add to lift the front and the back. It all depends on your budget.

Up front, the cheapest/good quality way to lift the front would be to add 5100's mated with eibach coils. If you set the 5100's to the middle setting with the coils it'll get you 3" of lift. Other "cheaper" end lifts include OME's kit, which gets you 3" all around. After that, you can look into coilovers (SAW, Icon, Fox, King) that can get you up to 3-3.5" in the front.

With the rear, the suspension of our trucks use leafs for height and shocks for dampening; rear shocks do not provide lift. there are many leaf packs that can get you 3", (OME Dakars, all pro, deavers) You will have to use leafs unless you go with lift blocks.... But they make the ride crap and wear out leaf packs quick.

Check this out
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3984628
Cody- read the post you linked to.... gave me some good answers but also brought up more questions, like are the $200 OMERear Leaf Springs from ToyTec's website that much better than what the BlisteinLift Kit or OMESuspension Kit includes (yes, I see that with the OME kit I can add the leafs to the kit, but can't with the Blistein kit)? Will I really ever notice a difference if I don't go with the leaf pack?

My end goal: give my truck a look that I will appreciate, without breaking the bank, and NOT halfassing something. Want to get some 17's with a slightly larger tire. Have always liked these:

since the red accent piece matches up nicely to my radiant red DC, although this photo seems to look more maroon-ish red than i've seen before.

In the end.... I just don't know where to go with this - I'm an audio guy, my stereo's been picked out for years
Old 11-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJ View Post

Cody- read the post you linked to.... gave me some good answers but also brought up more questions, like are the $200 OMERear Leaf Springs from ToyTec's website that much better than what the BlisteinLift Kit or OMESuspension Kit includes (yes, I see that with the OME kit I can add the leafs to the kit, but can't with the Blistein kit)? Will I really ever notice a difference if I don't go with the leaf pack?
The AAL is a bit stiffer than the OME Dakars pack, and AALs in general tend to wear out over time. Theres pretty much no comparison between a new leaf pack an an AAL though. the pack will last longer, give a better ride, and flex better. it all depends on your budget though.

For my purposes, I got the AAL just because I didn't have the funds at the time to do my rear setup correctly. Currently, I'm waiting to grab a all-pro expo pack and 5150s
Old 11-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Well, like I said, if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it right, regardless of whether the product fits my application or semi-exceeds it (not likely that I'll do a Long Travel Kit, but sounds like I'll want to save up the extra $470 for the packs in the OME kit). I don't know if I'm gonna be counter-productive with this or not, but I'm also looking for something that will smooth out my ride some, cuz right now it's pretty shakey - my dog gets thrown around going into and out of a particular driveway that I use 2-3 times a week.

Hopefully the OME kit with the leaf pack will help accomplish this??
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #15

there's full lift kits from OME on wheelers or DSM that include everything you need, down to new bushings. It's well liked by everyone who's run them
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I thank you for taking the time to answer the question....ur a better man than I

I understand what ur saying tho.

+1 for ya....and ur full now
Ha Ha! You are the man!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
McLemore is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
McLemore's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. Relally? You get mad for me not saying thank you? My Internet has been down. Haha. Didn't know you had to post a thank you within a certain time period. Well thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLemore View Post
Hahaha. Relally? You get mad for me not saying thank you? My Internet has been down. Haha. Didn't know you had to post a thank you within a certain time period. Well thanks for the advice everyone.
We thought you bailed like a lot of newbs do after asking their first question.

No big deal.

Fink
Old 11-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #19

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Sooooo, spacer lift right?

Lol!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
sumtin is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
sumtin's Tacoma Gallery
yeah level lift front end,, keeping rear stock hight..
first post make fun of me i can 'take it lol
but searched and didnt really find a good answer on level lift.
just got truck and put on 265/75/16's bfg's.. no rubbing just want to raise front for looks..
any brands to stay away from?
any brands liked?