Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Billy lift on new prerunner

Old 11-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Billy lift on new prerunner

Think I've decided what components to start my lift with. Got 2011 trd prerunner and spoke with Chris at toytec and think I'm gonna start off with Billy 5100s in front at 2.5" and aal in rear at 2". This will be my first ever lift and heard everyone giving this setup awesome reviews. I do mainly highway driving and occasional hunting and fishing. Will add coilovers etc. In the future. This sound like a wise choice guys? Need some input before I order. This is my first new truck ever and stoked about lifting it. Dont really like the stock look.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. Want to do ultimate lift but not in budget right now.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
if you don't really need a lift, you could also just save the money until you have enough for the ULK, instead of buying the billys then switching them out later. my.02.

the mod bug is hard to fight, though
Old 11-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #5

Thought I could just add the coilovers later with bully's when I'm ready or if not should I just go with 3" spacer and aal kit.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #6

Really want it for look right now but would like to end up with ulk for functionality and good ride.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
51--'s and an aal......
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact lift you want. I wish I would've just saved up enough money for spindles and got it right the first time
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #10

Anyone else done the Billy, aal lift on there prerunner dblcab? How does it ride?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #11

Read a lot of threads with my predicament. Would like to hear some feedback from you guys.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonkey View Post
Anyone else done the Billy, aal lift on there prerunner dblcab? How does it ride?
About half of the lifted trucks on this site have that setup. Head to the 2nd gen builds section and you can ask individual folks in their threads how they like the setup.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #13

Thanks man.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
spindle lift is the only way to go on a 2wd imo
Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #15

Dang! Ordered the billys and aal before I read your posts about spindle lifts. What and how much are they?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #16

Not wanting to go that high. Ordered billys at 2.5 in front and aal @1.5 for now. May jump up to a 3" lift in the future if I decide to run 33s. Sweet taco by the way
Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #17

Lift has shipped

My lift from toytec shipped out today and I'm stoked!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
spindle lift is the only way to go on a 2wd imo
Without a doubt. If I had a Prerunner and had a moderate suspension budget I would go CST spindles, Toytec AAL, and Bilsteins. SPINDLES ROCK. Buy them first and upgrade other stuff later. Spindles will never need replacing either.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #19

Only issue now is I cant decide to set billys in front at 1.75 or 2.5. Wanted level look but now worried about look if I haul something heavy.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #20

Think I'll just start off with 1.75 since this is my first lift. I will still be running stock wheels and tires also.