Notices

Procomp vs. Spacer lift

Old 11-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Pavement Pounder
MWink is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
MWink's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp vs. Spacer lift

i've been thinking about getting a 3 inch lift from procomp and saw where some of yall didn't like the ride because it was rough. would the ride of the procomp lift be smoother than my spacer leveling kit? i hardly ever off-road so 95% of the time it will be on pavement.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWink View Post
i've been thinking about getting a 3 inch lift from procomp and saw where some of yall didn't like the ride because it was rough. would the ride of the procomp lift be smoother than my spacer leveling kit? i hardly ever off-road so 95% of the time it will be on pavement.
Neither is a great option if you want a smooth ride.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
i have a procomp, 4 inch. its rough offroad, which i do 50 percent of my driving. but i just air down a bit makes it better. and on the road, its fine. still roughish, but not as bad as you would think.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
i have a procomp, 4 inch. its rough offroad, which i do 50 percent of my driving. but i just air down a bit makes it better. and on the road, its fine. still roughish, but not as bad as you would think.
4"? Isn't the procomp advertised as 3"?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
ya it is advertised as a 3" kit, but the springs are so gnarly that even my dbl cab got over 3" of lift
Old 11-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
ya it is advertised as a 3" kit, but the springs are so gnarly that even my dbl cab got over 3" of lift
Ouch.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have the Pro Comp kit, its affordable and gets you up in the air but rides like shit! Thankfully now I have sway aways
Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
so what would yall recommend thats around the same price range? i want a lift where the front springs won't sag over time.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so what would yall recommend thats around the same price range? i want a lift where the front springs won't sag over time.
Eibach spings with bilstein 5100 shocks.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Eibach spings with bilstein 5100 shocks.
x2
and all springs will eventually sag over time
Old 11-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
i just read a thread on the pro comp. i plan on running after market ucas, so if it gives me 4 inches of lift, that would be fine with me. i have a prerunner so i don't think i have to worry about cv angles and stuff like that.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
OME FTW!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just read a thread on the pro comp. i plan on running after market ucas, so if it gives me 4 inches of lift, that would be fine with me. i have a prerunner so i don't think i have to worry about cv angles and stuff like that.
You would have to worry about having basically no down travel on your shocks.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
And also it would be extremely difficult to get your alignment right with over 3" of lift from springs.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #15
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
And also it would be extremely difficult to get your alignment right with over 3" of lift from springs.
Even with aftermarket ucas?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even with aftermarket ucas?
I'd imagine so....
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
well, i was leaning towards the procomp because the ride with my spacers is pretty smooth to me. i just wanted a little more height for pretty cheap without getting another set of spacers.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
You have the pre runner.
Hope I'm not too late . Get the spindle lift. Might be pricey at first but of you consider the price of uca with pro comp , spindle will be cheaper. Rides like factory. Looks great too.
Are you running the Pro comp in the front and spindles?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Pavement Pounder

MWink's Tacoma Gallery
how much are the spindles? im only 17 so i don't have a lot of money.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much are the spindles? im only 17 so i don't have a lot of money.
~$1000