1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

shuddering after lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by blackturdtaco, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nov 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    blackturdtaco

blackturdtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport
    i've had my toytec coilovers on billies 5100 with toytec 1.5" rear AAL with shims for about a month now with no vibrations or noises. But last night, i noticed some shuddering and noises from what seems to be the front end of my truck.

i've been researching "noises after 3 inch lift" along with "vibrations after 3inch lift". But i'm coming somewhat emtpy handed on these searches because my shuddering/grinding is happening when i let my foot off the brake pedal without accelerating. That is, the shuddering/grinding happens as the truck is rolling at idle as opposed to the majority of people's grinding/noises/vibrations happening while they accelerate 25+mph. Moreover, when i accelerate the shuddering seems to go away.

To be clear, I have a 2008 sport prerunner DCLB and the lift is set to about 3 inches with camburg ucas. my alignment was done with acceptable measurements. my list of ideas from researching are the following:
    • bad wheel bearing
    • LS chatter (replace rear diff fluid)
    • install CB drop kit
    • take off my rear shims
    • front brakes/ seized calipers
    just wanted to get an idea what you think is the culprit behind the shuddering/noise when the truck is rolling at idle.

sorry for the long post. thanks in advance for your advices!

2. Nov 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Check all bolts and tighten to spec too! Sorry, I'm not much help but it could be any one of those!

3. Nov 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    blackturdtaco

blackturdtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport
    yeah i double checked all the bolts with my snap on torque wrench, which i believe is still well calibrated. just read another post about the possibility of sway bar links... the list seems it's never going to end

Products Discussed in

To Top