Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

shuddering after lift

Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
blackturdtaco is on a distinguished road
blackturdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
shuddering after lift

i've had my toytec coilovers on billies 5100 with toytec 1.5" rear AAL with shims for about a month now with no vibrations or noises. But last night, i noticed some shuddering and noises from what seems to be the front end of my truck.

i've been researching "noises after 3 inch lift" along with "vibrations after 3inch lift". But i'm coming somewhat emtpy handed on these searches because my shuddering/grinding is happening when i let my foot off the brake pedal without accelerating. That is, the shuddering/grinding happens as the truck is rolling at idle as opposed to the majority of people's grinding/noises/vibrations happening while they accelerate 25+mph. Moreover, when i accelerate the shuddering seems to go away.

To be clear, I have a 2008 sport prerunner DCLB and the lift is set to about 3 inches with camburg ucas. my alignment was done with acceptable measurements. my list of ideas from researching are the following:
  • bad wheel bearing
  • LS chatter (replace rear diff fluid)
  • install CB drop kit
  • take off my rear shims
  • front brakes/ seized calipers
just wanted to get an idea what you think is the culprit behind the shuddering/noise when the truck is rolling at idle.

sorry for the long post. thanks in advance for your advices!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Check all bolts and tighten to spec too! Sorry, I'm not much help but it could be any one of those!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
blackturdtaco is on a distinguished road
blackturdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i double checked all the bolts with my snap on torque wrench, which i believe is still well calibrated. just read another post about the possibility of sway bar links... the list seems it's never going to end