LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

So I get the rear end taken apart and....

Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
drarin is on a distinguished road
drarin's Tacoma Gallery
So I get the rear end taken apart and....

realize the Wheelers has neglected to include the bag of parts containing the rubber pads and cross bolts for the 3 leaf AAL. FML. The dude at Wheelers was very apologetic on the phone and is sending them out priority...but it still sucks....had to put everything back together stock, and now with my schedule, wont be able to get back to it for about 2 weeks.

I guess Ill just have to cruise around nose-high prerunner style, blinding everyone with my HIDs for a few weeks.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if your bashing wheelers or just saying.they have been very good people to deal with on this site and they are human,mistakes will happen.just make sure you have all the parts before you start the job.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
drarin is on a distinguished road
drarin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
not sure if your bashing wheelers or just saying.they have been very good people to deal with on this site and they are human,mistakes will happen.just make sure you have all the parts before you start the job.

Not bashing wheelers at all...Although i may have inadvertently cursed them in my mind when I realized I was missing parts. Honest mistake, big whoop....

But, this is also a case of not knowing what I dont know...I had no idea I was missing parts, until for some reason it crossed my mind that "Hey, I remember reading something about rubber pads in the product description on the website".

At that point I called wheelers, and when talking to them, also realized that there are supposed to be cross bolts for the leaf retainer straps. So, Like i said, i didnt even know what i didnt know. I had all the parts layed out and figured I was ready to rock.

Oh well.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drarin View Post
Not bashing wheelers at all...Although i may have inadvertently cursed them in my mind when I realized I was missing parts. Honest mistake, big whoop....

But, this is also a case of not knowing what I dont know...I had no idea I was missing parts, until for some reason it crossed my mind that "Hey, I remember reading something about rubber pads in the product description on the website".

At that point I called wheelers, and when talking to them, also realized that there are supposed to be cross bolts for the leaf retainer straps. So, Like i said, i didnt even know what i didnt know. I had all the parts layed out and figured I was ready to rock.

Oh well.
lol,gotcha.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that happens once in a while even when dealing with good people like Wheelers. What matters is how fast they get the parts out to you and it sounds like they got right on it.