1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox vs kings, little help please.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Redgrom, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nov 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Oh, I gotcha. Hmmm.... I should ask for the same.. heheh...

How much lift is that giving you now? 3"? Looks lower in your pics unless your tires are filling the wheel wells. Then again, I also don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. Nice setup already, btw.

2. Nov 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    The 5100's are now maxed out but the weight has the about where they were when set at 2.5, they only rub if I try real hard...

3. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Kings are not ext travel, but when I was looking for the answer someone mentioned that the extra travel is less than an inch.

If you're looking at leaf packs I have the allpro standards and so far they feel great with my kings. I also have the flip kit and timberens.

4. Nov 15, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    GTACO

GTACO GTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Camburg Spindles, Total Chaos UCAs & LCAs, Fox 2.5 c/o front, Fox 2.0 rear, All Pro 3" leafs, Dumped Borla muffler, AFE intake, DTF front bumper, Demello rear bumper.
  5. Nov 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    You serious about 7/8 being huge? To me thats not a big deal, especially not enough to rule out kings.

6. Nov 16, 2011 at 12:21 AM
    Redgrom

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Ok 7/8 is something to think about but how much additional travel does a new upper arm and coils give a 4x4? Just trying to figure out the %
    Also anyone here have a 4 door long bed with ato armor and a bumper want to chime in on how the fox's hold the extra weight?

7. Nov 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    I have fox 2.5 remote resi coilovers with an elite front plate bumper, sliders, full skids, winch soon, rear bumper with tire carrier soon.

I had downsouth motorsports use 700# king springs instead of the stock 650# fox springs to accommodate for the additional weight.

When I went to kevins (ATO) to pick up my skids I saw his fox 2.0's with stock fox springs and they were almost completely compressed. This is what led me to upgrading the springs. I think the fox springs would be great on a truck without armor, but I can't say how they would be on a heavier truck.

edit: just thought of something else to add. Before I installed all of my skids, my front shocks topped out a lot. going over speed bumps or pot holes or anything on the trail was enough to cause them to fully extend and cause a thud. Now that I have the additional weight on my truck I have not had that problem at all.

I also have all pro expedition leaf packs in the rear which are designed for a heavier truck, so I have a stiff ride, but still way better than stock. I find myself enjoying it more and more all the time.

8. Nov 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    Redgrom

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! Big help!!!1

9. Nov 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    at nearly an Inch at the shock location translates to more out at the wheel.

Products Discussed in

To Top