Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4" Front Suspension lift?

Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
HoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to all
Name: Justus
HoffmanDesigned's Tacoma Gallery
4" Front Suspension lift?

Is there a 4" front suspension lift available for a 2007 Doublecab 4WD?

Why 4"? I started out with a Toytec 3" lift with their add-a-leaf in the rear. Then Toyota installed the TSB so now there's 5 leaves in the rear. Then I installed airbags because I routinely carry two motorcycles and gear in the back for long trips.

Now I have a truck that has a downward rake (front low) and I'd like to level it out.

To answer the obvious questions:

Why don't you remove either the Toytec add-a-leaf or Toyota's TSB?
- Perfectly reasonable options. However, instead of lowering the back to match the front, I'd like to explore options for raising the front to match the rear.

Why don't you remove the airbags?
- As mentioned, I do carry two street motorcycles in the back at least two weekends out of a month, sometimes more. Even with 5 leaves in the back, without the airbags it sagged significantly.

Why do you want a level truck? Trucks are supposed to be raked to account for when loaded.
- Aesthetics, mostly. I just prefer the level truck look. With ~1200 pounds in the back the airbags are more than capable of leveling the truck, and then some.

Are you married to 4 inches?
- No, not at all. I actually think a 5 would level it, but a 6" might be too much. I should measure. I'm currently at about 23" wheel center to fender. I may be naively assuming that a 4" front lift would be less intrusive than a 6" lift. I'm probably wrong.Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I've tried googling, but the only thing that came up was the spindle lift for 2WD.

-
Justus
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
RCD makes a DB lift for 4.5"
Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
RCD. It is a drop bracket lift so it reduces ground clearance a bit and you have to cut the front crossmember out to install it.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^

Those.

But of you're okay with a DB lift, and don't offroad as much, go for it.

Any lift past 3" is going to need to be a drop bracket, or you'll destroy your suspension
Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
HoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to allHoffmanDesigned is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
RCD makes a DB lift for 4.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
RCD. It is a drop bracket lift so it reduces ground clearance a bit and you have to cut the front crossmember out to install it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
^^^^^^^^^

Those.

But of you're okay with a DB lift, and don't offroad as much, go for it.

Any lift past 3" is going to need to be a drop bracket, or you'll destroy your suspension
I believe this is what you're talking about. And if I understand it correctly, I won't need upper control arms, because the spindles correct that.

Awesome! Thanks everyone.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Yikes! Am I correct in reading that it is $2300?!?!