LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Does a 4-5 inch lift exist that is not a DB lift?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Does a 4-5 inch lift exist that is not a DB lift?

I searched the threads for a 4" lift. I need more than 3 but want less than 6". I read in the forum that any lift over 3" will be a drop bracket lift like RCD Is this true? Any recommendations? And it is for a 4wd and not 2wd
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
You could always do a SAS
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Body lift
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
It's because of the front diff, no way around it. What do you need a 4" lift for?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
4" spindle if you were 2wd
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster133 View Post
4" spindle if you were 2wd
x2
Old 11-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
I searched the threads for a 4" lift. I need more than 3 but want less than 6". I read in the forum that any lift over 3" will be a drop bracket lift like RCD Is this true? Any recommendations? And it is for a 4wd and not 2wd
It is true.

anything over 3" is puts too much strain on your suspension and your front diff. Hence why the reason DB lifts exist in the first place
Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
when I was thinking about the all pro LT kit sarah said she was at 4". But yeah, only LT would get you higher than 3"
Old 11-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
It's because of the front diff, no way around it. What do you need a 4" lift for?
I think I am asking for too much. I have a 2.25" Procomp strut spacer now with the TSB in the rear. I have 285/70/17 BFG ATs. The cab mount is cut, the front fenders wells are trimmed.

Extreme Flex Rock Crawling = the front is fine, it is the rear that rubs the fender flares. even popped one out and hat to pop it in. Not so worried about this since I had a ton of wight from camping gear in the back.

Full travel (even when going in and out of a driveway/parking lot "fast") = The front tires rub the fender flares. I don't even need to be 4Wheeling.

I don't think a 1/4" more will fix this. by removing the front strut spacers and going with the Billies at 2.5". And by doing this, my ride is compromised.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I am asking for too much. I have a 2.25" Procomp strut spacer now with the TSB in the rear. I have 285/70/17 BFG ATs. The cab mount is cut, the front fenders wells are trimmed.

Extreme Flex Rock Crawling = the front is fine, it is the rear that rubs the fender flares. even popped one out and hat to pop it in. Not so worried about this since I had a ton of wight from camping gear in the back.

Full travel (even when going in and out of a driveway/parking lot "fast") = The front tires rub the fender flares. I don't even need to be 4Wheeling.

I don't think a 1/4" more will fix this. by removing the front strut spacers and going with the Billies at 2.5". And by doing this, my ride is compromised.
If you are doing extreme-flex rock crawling with a top plate spacer you should be way more worried about damaging your ball joints at full droop with the spacer than with stiffening the ride with billys.

As for the rubbing, what is the width and backspacing of your wheels?

Stuffing 33's is a lot to ask from only 2.25" of front lift.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you are doing extreme-flex rock crawling with a top plate spacer you should be way more worried about damaging your ball joints at full droop with the spacer than with stiffening the ride with billys.

great question on the back spacing. I will have to check. I don't know off hand since the dealer went the 4WPs to have it installed. I bought it from the dealer like this. I agree with the "stuffing" comment.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

......and the fact that the down travel of the stock shock is now limited.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
......and the fact that the down travel of the stock shock is now limited.
I didn't think with strut tower pacers you lost down travel. They aren't coil spacers

Thanks for all the feedback guys
Old 11-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't think with strut tower pacers you lost down travel. They aren't coil spacers

Thanks for all the feedback guys
You don't lose down travel on the shock itsself, but by just lengthening the entire shock assembly like top plate spacers do, you allow the suspension to droop 2.25" lower than it was designed to do, which binds the ball joints.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #17
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Your profile suggests you have a prerunner so I suggest spindle lift with AP expo leafs. Your truck would look bad ass!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Your profile suggests you have a prerunner so I suggest spindle lift with AP expo leafs. Your truck would look bad ass!
\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #19
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I didnt read that!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
or you can do a 3" lift with 1" bl.