Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FOX vs. KING

Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
FOX vs. KING

KING is and always has been the best off road suspension out there. But FOX comes in at a pretty close second to them, right? Maybe not...

After this article, I'm inclined to think that FOX offers the superior product.

http://www.offroad-engineering.com/foxvsking.html
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I thought fox > king. But that's what I get for thinking right..
Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked FOX too. I've just heard way more people over the years proclaiming KING to be the pinnacle of off road suspension.

Call me crazy but according to that article it seems like FOX spends considerably more time/money on R&D, wear parts, hardware and plumbing. So basically everywhere it counts.

Replacement parts are much cheaper than KING's as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, well seeing this has made me reconsider the Icon setup.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
meh..i think it all comes down on the end user and their personal experience between the 2 shock brands. they both perform the same and are both of superb quality. i think in a blind test if they were each installed on the same truck one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Go with whoever has better customer service
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Just some more reading if interested. I was actually looking for the posts by Chris explaining how each has their benifit because they are valved differently. ie, "progressive" vs "digressive" Depends on your application of driving IMO.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...lp-please.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...king-icon.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...our-worth.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=4262796
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
some good info in these...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...coilovers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ld-you-do.html

Nice site BTW, some good stuff on here.

http://www.offroad-engineering.com
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta buy King simple because of the brand name, KING. "I'm running KING's" sounds so much more badass than "I'm running Fox's"
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for taking the time to
put up links
Old 12-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
meh..i think it all comes down on the end user and their personal experience between the 2 shock brands. they both perform the same and are both of superb quality. i think in a blind test if they were each installed on the same truck one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.
i agree with you.