Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

$380 Control Arms

Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
$380 Control Arms

http://www.amazon.com/SPC-Alignment-.../dp/B005BHR4DS

Image makes them look like Light Racing.... anyone tried these?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I may give these a shot, seems worth it for almost 90 bucks cheaper.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Fat Bobs Garage sell them for 379.99 plus shipping.
The OP's deal is $380 shipped and the part number looks correct.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
The OP's deal is $380 shipped and the part number looks correct.
Ah. I didn't notice that. And you are correct. Those are genuine SPC/LR arms with matching part numbers. Can't beat that deal.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
As long as they are not older ones with bushing and ball joint problems
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
As far as I know , the re-design hasn't happened yet .

Do you have any further info ?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's the story with this ?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Bushings tearing, ball joint boots coming off. I put some in last year, and now everytime I go over a bump I hear a squeak. Now I know it is not my new coilover assembly because it did it as well with the other Eibach/5100 combo I had. KPT is having problems with his right now
Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bushings tearing, ball joint boots coming off. I put some in last year, and now everytime I go over a bump I hear a squeak. Now I know it is not my new coilover assembly because it did it as well with the other Eibach/5100 combo I had. KPT is having problems with his right now
You said old ones vs new ones

What determines that ?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Well as they told me the ones that are out right now still have bushing problems. They are going to release a new one in January I think that is supposed to be far superior. KPT is waiting until next year to replace his, in hopes his bushings don't get worse by then
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
As far as I know , the re-design hasn't happened yet .

Do you have any further info ?
There were several redesigns from what I hear. The main one was the bushing. The new ones have four washers that have to be used in conjunction with the stock large washers. The old ones have them built in which caused problems like tearing and so forth. Also, the boot was redesigned as well. It sits more flush to the spindle.

I'd buy anything SPC with confidence though, as they will swap it out anytime. Just pay $200 core and you'll get it back when you ship it out using their prepaid label. Pretty cool company.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Buy from FatBob though. He supports this site and buying from him will ensure we receive good deals from him in the future.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely buy them, any issues with them and SPC will be right on the case to help you. Was definitely not downing them
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaco View Post
There were several redesigns from what I hear. The main one was the bushing. The new ones have four washers that have to be used in conjunction with the stock large washers. The old ones have them built in which caused problems like tearing and so forth. Also, the boot was redesigned as well. It sits more flush to the spindle.

I'd buy anything SPC with confidence though, as they will swap it out anytime. Just pay $200 core and you'll get it back when you ship it out using their prepaid label. Pretty cool company.
I guess I have the newest version then .

TW member Fabulous had some small cracks in his bushings and SPC told him they are coming out with a new bushing early next year and he should wait and do a swap then .
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I guess I have the newest version then .

TW member Fabulous had some small cracks in his bushings and SPC told him they are coming out with a new bushing early next year and he should wait and do a swap then .
OZ there's a bit of info here on the quality issuses.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...trol-arms.html
Old 11-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OZ there's a bit of info here on the quality issuses.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...trol-arms.html
Thanks , but I'm assuming that is the older ones as that thread is almost 3 years old .
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Thanks , but I'm assuming that is the older ones as that thread is almost 3 years old .
Ya for sure. At the end they think they have the issues solved but I guess that's not the case.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya for sure. At the end they think they have the issues solved but I guess that's not the case.
I heard a poly bushing is in the works