Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Planing on lifting soon, TSB or not?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Gunmetal is on a distinguished road
Gunmetal's Tacoma Gallery
Planing on lifting soon, TSB or not?

I have a 2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab. I am planning on lifting it in the near future. I have no idea if i have the TSB done on my truck or not.

My question is.. if I'm going to do a 3" lift, would i benefit from making sure i have the TSB first? Or, if I find out i do not have the TSB, would ordering the AAL for a non TSB be just as good?

Basically I'm trying to find out if the hassle of getting the TSB done (if I do not have it already) is worth it..

I hope my question makes sense..
Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still even able to have the TSB completed? It's covered under your 3 yr 36k mile warranty so you might be SOL. The TSB pack does give a little lift on it's own but you can use a non-TSB pack and an AAL. If you do get the TSB leaf pack, an AAL will be much more effective in a brand new leaf pack vs. a 3 year old leaf pack that has already sagged some.

If you plan on getting a 3" lift with a replacement leaf pack like the Dakar or All-Pro Expos, then no need to waste your time with the TSB.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
I have 3 leafs counting the overload. Did toyota redesign their 3 leaf pack or did they just move to 4?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal View Post
I have 3 leafs counting the overload. Did toyota redesign their 3 leaf pack or did they just move to 4?
The TSB replaces the 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack. Even on the 2012s, they still have the same 3 leaf pack although I think they're putting the 4 leaf pack on certain models from the factory now.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Are you still even able to have the TSB completed? It's covered under your 3 yr 36k mile warranty so you might be SOL.
You are right about me being SOL. I'm at like 50K (guess that answers that!)

I don't know what the right lift for me is.. i really just want to run 285/70/17 with out a problem..
Old 11-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal View Post
You are right about me being SOL. I'm at like 50K (guess that answers that!)

I don't know what the right lift for me is.. i really just want to run 285/70/17 with out a problem..
Even with a lift you'll have to do some trimming to clear that size tire.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Thanks for the advice..