Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Allpro or OME Dakar Leafs, Which ones?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
keisersoze is on a distinguished road
keisersoze's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro or OME Dakar Leafs, Which ones?

I want to get a set of leafs for my 2010. I cant decide if I want Allpro standard duty springs or OME Dakars. I need help to decide.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the same boat as you but didnt want to ask this question since there are probably a lot of threads on it, I dont want to do the research either so thank you!!! lol. I myself am leaning towards the AllPros, I do believe I read somewhere that they flatten out after a few years but not sure, havn't read anything about the Dakars yet.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Im running AP standard. Rides and flexes good. The only real weight i put on there was towing a 3000lb boat and it was fine. However, I was disappointed as I only got 2 1/4" lift out of them on my DC. Not sure if it was a bad batch but ended up adding a 1" block to get the rake I want. I wish I went with the expos.
The ARB is a bit stiffer ride. Dont know how they are offroad as Ive only ridden with one on street.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy with my Dakars , haul great and flex is good .
Old 11-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
I have the allpro expedition leafs and they are pretty dang smooth.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with Dakars, mainly to avoid giving All-Poo money (even though their leaf packs, which are actually made for them by another company (In Indonesia, in the case of my buddy who bought a set of Expos), are pretty good).
Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #7
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I'd go with Dakars, mainly to avoid giving All-Poo money (even though their leaf packs, which are actually made for them by another company (In Indonesia, in the case of my buddy who bought a set of Expos), are pretty good).

JA I know you hate Allpro, but you have to give them props for the leafs....I love my expos. I will let you all know how they do off rd after this weekend...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
keisersoze is on a distinguished road
keisersoze's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about the expos too but allpros website says they add an extra inch of lift and I wont be towing or carrying too much maybe one in a while. I have read conflicting posts on here about how much lift people are getting from the standard and expos.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
Expo pack

I just installed the Epos on the back of my truck.... still have the 265/70/16 Stock tires too!

You can definitely tell it is better than stock as far as the ride. Without weight it is a little stiff but I bought a truck not a limo so I don't mind it.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
Nearly 4" in the back and in the front I'm around 2.5", I haven't adjusted them up to 3" yet.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm the only 1st genner here in the midst of a 2nd gen question, but I love my AllPro Expos. They are stiff, but it's a truck. They ride great with some weight in the rear (sandbags in the winter, camping/hunting/fishing/firewood in the summer and fall). They flex nice, and I like them. My only complaints was that they developed a surface rust, and they do squeak a little bit. I sanded the factory paint off and painted it with some black rustoleum. I still love them though, and they haven't even truly "broken in".
Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Hub to bottom of fender measurements on the expos anyone?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
love my dakars on my 1st gen...had them for 3 weeks now....over 1000 miles no squeeks...comfortable ride!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #17
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
OME.

Fink
Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #18
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
do you plan on upgrading shocks as well? Is it necessarry due to the lift? Im also thinking about getting a leaf pack but am not sure if I would HAVE TO get longer shocks.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I believe if you call Alcan they will make you a leaf pack to get the desired height you want with the load you usually carry
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #20
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm happy with my Dakars , haul great and flex is good .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
love my dakars on my 1st gen...had them for 3 weeks now....over 1000 miles no squeeks...comfortable ride!
Love my Dakars. I have 885s & Dakars. 3" front lift and 3" rear lift