Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help me fix my suspension.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
deadeye is on a distinguished road
deadeye's Tacoma Gallery
Help me fix my suspension.

Hello All.

I just purchased a 99 Regular Cab, 2.7 Ltr, 4x4 Tacoma. Installed by the previous owner are ~ 2" aluminum coil spacers up front, with an AAL in the rear. My intention is to take off all the suspension lift components and install new stock length and ride shocks.

My initial questions/concerns are as follows:

My truck now has 265x75xr16 tires on it. Do you think these tires will fit after the truck is brought back down to stock height?

Where would the diff spacer drop downs be on my truck if they were installed?

Do you think the AAL will have caused my stock leaf pack to sag over time? Especially after the AAL is taken off?

Is there a detailed writeup on a front spacer suspension install?

What would be the best riding shock for a stock setup? Are shocks available for the rear that can compensate for some leaf spring sag?

Thanks!

-deadeye
Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Your tires will still fit, your leaf pack may sag, there are detailed writeups but i dont feel like digging right now (look in 1st gen folder)