Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best Lift for under 1k

Old 11-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
Best Lift for under 1k

I have a 2in spacer lift right now, and i want the front end higher. I cant afford kings or fox, so i was thinking about the toytec lift with the 5100s and eibachs, what would i set the bilsteins at to get like 2.5" for the front and keep the back stock so it has the rake look to it

thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good but I'm not a professional nor have I done it myself so my opinion is 3rd person. What I do know is that if you are messing with stuff as important as you suspension don't skimp on it and try to save money with it as doing so could be very dangerous and life threatening. Do it right the first time even if it means spending some extra cash or saving a little while longer.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Set the 5100's @ .85 with the Eibachs for 2 1/2" of front lift
Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Sounds good but I'm not a professional nor have I done it myself so my opinion is 3rd person. What I do know is that if you are messing with stuff as important as you suspension don't skimp on it and try to save money with it as doing so could be very dangerous and life threatening. Do it right the first time even if it means spending some extra cash or saving a little while longer.
I dont think bilsteins or eibachs have killed anyone? not everyone needs King or fox coilovers and most people that have them don't really need them. You can do A very solid (safe) Front lift for under a grand
Old 11-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Here OP, this is a great company to go through with great prices.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Slinging parts since '03
The Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The Parts Whore's Tacoma Gallery
What if I can offer you these...Icon 2.5" with their new 2.0" VS aluminum smooth bodies for bit more but a whole lot better than the 5100's.

PM me if you or anyone's interested.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parts Whore View Post
What if I can offer you these...Icon 2.5" with their new 2.0" VS aluminum smooth bodies for bit more but a whole lot better than the 5100's.

Mmmmmmm. Candy.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
TpƐwom
mhuff29 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1LT Battalion S2 SIGINT Officer
Name: Matt
mhuff29's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot i might jump on that bargain!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
GM Convert
Brianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
Brianstemm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

HMMM? How much?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ That's exactly what I want but I'm broke.....how dare you put those up! Lol
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
I dont think bilsteins or eibachs have killed anyone? not everyone needs King or fox coilovers and most people that have them don't really need them. You can do A very solid (safe) Front lift for under a grand
If it works and is safe then more power to you, but I was thinking by his title saying "for under a grand" that he may be trying to save money and skimp out which would be unsafe. If it's a good lift and can be done right then disregard my post.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If only...
Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the Toyotec lift with the Eibach springs and the BIlstein 5100 wit the TSB AAL. The truck rides and handles good. I have the front shocks set at .85 and it does have a slight rake in the front, but I know the back will settle a little over time.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
so how much would those foxes be and are we talking a WAY better ride? I wouldnt mind spending a little more ching for a much better ride. I mostly drive on road like 95% of the time. I was leaing towards the eibach/5100s but that fox setup looks shweet.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
OME
Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #19
Slinging parts since '03
The Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The Parts Whore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
^^ That's exactly what I want but I'm broke.....how dare you put those up! Lol
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ar-shocks.html