Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coil over Wraps?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Coil over Wraps?

I just kinda stumbled upon these things when i was ordering parts for my SAW rebuild. Anyone run something like these in New england. Im wondering it these will actually keep the salt and general winter road garbage out. That and they dont appear that they would actually stay on when driving. Figured id ask if anyone has run something similar.

May prevent this.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...p-p-21374.html
Old 11-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm found a DirtbagZ coil wraps that are a bit cheaper i may be ordering them anyway lol.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Always run neoprene shock covers on quads and they work for the most part with dirt. Still have to take them off ocasionally and wash out what gets in. Not sure if they will help with salt, you got me interested.

I have the same problem. not the greatest pic but you get the idea.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
.<>./

Im debating it but i dont like the fact they use velcro. I feel like one quick pass through a mud puddle and i would be looking for them. I could add a grommet and some kind of a wire tie to them.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I was told those are mainly to keep rocks out of the springs. Salt, dirt, etc., will still get in.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Velcro ones on the quads actually work well. The other type we use have zippers which actually let lots of small particles through.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I was told those are mainly to keep rocks out of the springs. Salt, dirt, etc., will still get in.
this. they won't prevent rust
Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
.<>./

So basically your saying that it will stop direct hits from stones, But wont prevent build up of road brine or mud on the rest of the shock body?

Maybe i will make my own that cover the whole shock with hose clamps at the bottom.