Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

mid travel

Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Cool mid travel

so i want the dampening of long travel but i don't want to widen and get new fenders. Im thinking of doing fox shocks up front and a second fox shock with a fox air bump, limiting straps and total chaos UCA's. i have bilsteins 5100 and thats it up front. so what i am asking is if other people have this setup and if it would be worth it thanks.
this is what i am looking to do but with fox shocks
http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_taco.php#
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you need all that, all you need is the Extended travel coilover , fox or icon. Then a uniball upper arms. No limit straps needed , dont really think you need secondary shock unless you like to really offroad everyweekend really fast. And for Bumps you can run some EVS Foam bumps.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

Ok yeah that sounds good. In the rear I am going to fox 2.0 2 bypass 10" shocks under the bed so I would like the front to keep up.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
Ok yeah that sounds good. In the rear I am going to fox 2.0 2 bypass 10" shocks under the bed so I would like the front to keep up.
i wouldn't mess around with double bypass iv got a set of fox 2.0 14"stroke double bypass and every time i bottom out i wish i would have spent a little more and got triple bypass would have been well worth the extra $$
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need air bumps or secondary shocks. If you have stock rear leafs and mounting points, using bypasses are overkill. If you are serious about offroading, build the rear of the truck first.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I have the fox's up front with UCA's and am planning to do the secondary shock hoop also. No real need for airbumps, and maybe not even the 2nd shock, I want it for the extra support and to add adjustability.
I have beat on my current front setup hard and it did very well. Check out my build for more details.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #7

ok thanks everyone for the input i just ordered a frame box kit and new shock mounts for the rear, ubolt flip kit and new bump stops.
no air bumps, but still going to do the double shocks up front and thinking about fox 2.0 3 bypass.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
i wouldn't mess around with double bypass iv got a set of fox 2.0 14"stroke double bypass and every time i bottom out i wish i would have spent a little more and got triple bypass would have been well worth the extra $$
Maybe you should spend a little extra time and valve them correctly and be happy you didn't waste the extra $$

Triples are not necessary on these trucks they are so light
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
ok thanks everyone for the input i just ordered a frame box kit and new shock mounts for the rear, ubolt flip kit and new bump stops.
no air bumps, but still going to do the double shocks up front and thinking about fox 2.0 3 bypass.

Let us know what you are able to fit up front. there has been some discusion in my build thread trying to figure out what the most shock you can fit up there would be.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Maybe you should spend a little extra time and valve them correctly and be happy you didn't waste the extra $$

Triples are not necessary on these trucks they are so light
if you get doubles you my end up wanting to get hydraulic bumps down the road. triples have the g-out zone there only like $200 more then doubles, having to get bumps later will run you $500.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #11
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air bumps aren't absolutely necessary either. I have seen 3/4 and 1-ton diesels that do great with doubles and no air bumps
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #12

Like this one
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Air bumps aren't absolutely necessary either. I have seen 3/4 and 1-ton diesels that do great with doubles and no air bumps
ya im just thinking if hes jumping it or something
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Like this one
he probably bottomed out pretty hard from that tho, i wouldn't be doing that without some kind of bump zone wether it be triples or hydro bumps
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #15

The truck actually handled it quite well, and that is with just remote resi smoothies in the front too. That's what proper shock tuning gets you
Old 11-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #16

I having nothing against triple bypasses, they are obviously better than doubles, I am just saying they aren't the end-all be-all that everyone seems to think. Having an extra bypass tube wont make up for an improperly tuned shock
Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #17

how do you get the valving soft enough to take whops and still be stiff enough to land on a jump like?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #18

Quote:
I having nothing against triple bypasses, they are obviously better than doubles, I am just saying they aren't the end-all be-all that everyone seems to think. Having an extra bypass tube wont make up for an improperly tuned shock
ya. agreed the point of bypass shocks are to make it easy to tune properly