Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Not being able to do a U-turn?

Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Not being able to do a U-turn?

So i was reading some threads about Cab Mount Chops and out of no where someone said he regrets getting aftermarket UCA because he couldnt be able to do a full U-turn. I dont know if I mis understood what i read or this is actually true.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can always do a U-turn, just a matter of how wide.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You can always do a U-turn, just a matter of how wide.
Yup
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Probably a miscommunication of cause and effect. The poster probably had larger tires. The aftermarket UCA corrects caster, which moves the tire slightly closer to the rear compared to the stock UCA. It just means he would have to trim and chop more to get the needed tire clearance. The fender/body mount should never be used as a steering stop!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
okay yeahh i also read that he didnt want to trim or chop anything
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
okay yeahh i also read that he didnt want to trim or chop anything
KenLyns nailed it then, it's not the aftermarket UCA, it's a combination of things.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KenLyns nailed it then, it's not the aftermarket UCA, it's a combination of things.
ohh okay thanks i kinda got scared when i read that i was was second guessing myself but was wondering if it the truck wasnt able to do something as simple as a U turn why would you but after market UCA and wheel with them silly mmee
Old 11-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
turn with the gas pedal
Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
turn with the gas pedal
Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats all you need