LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

This has got to be a joke.....

Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
This has got to be a joke.....

I went today to a local shop that has been open for 20+ years. I was talking to them about a few different things and suspension came up. He told me that he would put a spacer kit on a truck any day over a full suspension lift. I thought he was kidding at first but he was being dead serious. Why would someone that has been in business for so long do this? I thought spacer kits were the next worst thing to the devil........
Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ask his reasoning? Ignorance is my first thought... He is repair and easy fix minded. Not talking down what he does, but most little shops recommend spacer lifts. Why they do that I will never know.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
TexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
cheap and look good. they are great for driving around the mall.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS
Scummy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
He's on crack!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did ask and he said that the ride quality is not affected and you get the lift for a much cheaper price. He even stated that he does the lifts a few times a month for different dealerships in the area on new trucks.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
he does the lifts a few times a month for different dealerships
BINGO
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
odd. Even when i was at the local tire shop they suggested a spacer lift. oh and the wanted $700 not installed...i laughed at him and walked out.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
idk why he said that but my Upper ball jhoints were shot after 2 years of running a spacer
Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #10

He did say that if he did a full suspension it would be a Fabtech.....i then looked at their prices and am still puzzled as to what to do. I've looked at the RCD spindle lift, the OME lift, Toytec ultimate lift kit, hell, im just going to buy them all and switch them monthly.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Damn if you got that kinda money feel like sending a pair of icons my way
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Damn if you got that kinda money feel like sending a pair of icons my way

haha, if I had that kind of money i would own a Ford F-450 King Ranch Edition and a 45 ft. Prevost Motorhome.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
He did say that if he did a full suspension it would be a Fabtech.....i then looked at their prices and am still puzzled as to what to do. I've looked at the RCD spindle lift, the OME lift, Toytec ultimate lift kit, hell, im just going to buy them all and switch them monthly.
fabtech??? time to find a new shop...

OME, ICON, Fox, King, SAW, Walker evans... all great lifts.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
fabtech??? time to find a new shop...

OME, ICON, Fox, King, SAW, Walker evans... all great lifts.

I would love to find another shop but they are the only one around. I really prefer to buy local and keep my money in the community so I don't really have much of a choice.....
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
camburg 4 in lift spindles FTW
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
camburg 4 in lift spindles FTW

I have looked at that also. I just worry that with a 4" lift a 33" tire would look to small and then putting a 35" tire on it runs into noticeable power reductions, having to regear and all kinds of stuff. Not saying I know this as a fact but I have read it all on here.....
Old 11-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #18

Say i did go with those Camburg 4.0 spindles. What else would I need to purchase to do the entire truck lifted PROPERLY. I do not mind spending a little money to do it the correct way. I am going to be putting a cap on the back and have been told the weight is 350 lbs. So with that said, possibly having the rear about an inch higher would be ideal.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
you would want to get a new leaf pack in the rear either deavers or there are tons of different company's that make bolt in leaf packs to level out the truck
Old 11-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
you would want to get a new leaf pack in the rear either deavers or there are tons of different company's that make bolt in leaf packs to level out the truck

New shocks all the way around and coils in the front also?