Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' lift question

Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Backwoods legit, don't take no shit!
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Firefighter: Stokes Vol. Fire Department, Station 23
Name: Paul
BackwoodsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
3'' lift question

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Tacoma about a month ago and I absolutely love it but now I'm ready to lift it so I'm getting the Revtek 3'' lift and the website says i can fit 33's but i just wanted to make sure before i buy the tires that they will fit. If 33's won't fit then would you please tell me the biggest size i can run. btw they will be mounted on my stock 16's till i can find some i like, Thanks

Here are some pictures of my baby the day i got her

Attached Thumbnails
3'' lift question-taco-1.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
First off Welcome to TW.

Click the link regarding suspensions in my signature, great great info there. Im pretty sure the revtek lift is a spacer lift if I remember correctly and most people shy away from those.

There are some other ways to get the lift wanted without breaking the bank and not getting poor quality if you have not already bought the lift.

Im not sure on tire sizes on first gens but somebody should chime in soon.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
33's will probably rub the frame no matter what lift, mine do with 3" lift. I had to grind down the pinch weld too.
Might depend on the 33's though. Mine are 285/75/16s but a 255/85/16 is a fair amount narrower so they might not touch the frame, but they are also slightly taller.

I just ordered a new set of tires and went with 265/75/16s (32's) because I was annoyed by the rubbing and didnt want to go the spacer route for legal reasons.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Thank you both the revtek kit is a spacer kit with blocks in the rear. it's not going to be up there long, just till summer, I'm gonna do a 6'' lift with 35's. just want some that will let me do some mild off-roading and get me around on the farm.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
You should probably float around the 1st gen section of this forum before buying any spacers/blocks and research long and hard before trying to make a 6" lift. Most around here agree that a 6" lift on a 4x4 cannot be done properly unless you SAS the truck, which is big $$$.
You would be better off staying stock than adding spacers and blocks if you want to offroad even a little. They will cause more damage in the long run.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #6

All right thanks buddy I'll check on that