LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" not tall enough 6" a little to much... not sure!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
yodalove is on a distinguished road
Name: jake
yodalove's Tacoma Gallery
3" not tall enough 6" a little to much... not sure!!!

* 06 tacoma trd dbl cab 4.0L * ( wanted one since i was 16 )

Fisrt off i love the truck more than i thought i could. drives amazing with lots of power from that 4.0 liter. the problem im having is deciding what to do about lifts. i want a little more that 3" (i think) but i dont have the money to do everything that a 6 " lift and 35's requires. so i guess my question would be is there a combonation of blocks coils and shocks that would give me 4" or a little more without spending 1000 $ on the lift. not a serious wheeling truck but will go in the woods from time time so needs to be pretty functionable..

looking to put beefy 33 x 12.50 on it with enough gap to look aggresive...any advice or examples of set ups would be so very appriciated!!!!!! thanks guys
Old 11-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
RCD 4.5 inch lift. It's kinda right in the middle of 3 and 6.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
that would be nice if it werent about a grand over my budget haha... i mean i know the standard 3" lifts are reasonable i was just hoping there was another option for a little bigger .. if not then i guess ill have to get over it ..

on a side note this is my first post and im stoked to get a reply that fast so thanks man..
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just keep saving money. The RCD lift is a drop bracket lift though so you will have hanging metal.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Stacking lifts to go over 2.5-3" will kill your suspension, and put you in danger of serious damage.

Just take your time and save up the $$ and do some research...im fairly certain if you read into db lifts you'll stay with the 3"
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
rmahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant futurermahoney2013 has a brilliant future
Name: Robert
rmahoney2013's Tacoma Gallery
Go 3" and trim you could fit 35s. See what you want in person too. Could change your thoughts... Pictures look good but can be deceiving
Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Haaann
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
I had 4" of lift at one point and wasnt to smooth haha.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Since you are 4x4 the only way to go over 3" of lift would be a drop bracket lift. As far as I know the only company to make a 4.5" lift is RCD. Drop bracket lifts require cutting crossmembers and lose ground clearance versus a 3" lift. You can run 33/12.5 tires with a 3" lift and some minor trimming.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
i figured there was a reason so many people go with the three and the more i look the more it holds true... i have had a few jeeps that were 4" or more and had no drivetrain problems but i guess thats not this case with tacos... which is fine its the truck ive wanted for a long time. I dont want 35's anyways so i guess the question now is whats the best set up on the 3 " lift... factory feeling ride isnt the biggest concern.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodalove View Post
i figured there was a reason so many people go with the three and the more i look the more it holds true... i have had a few jeeps that were 4" or more and had no drivetrain problems but i guess thats not this case with tacos... which is fine its the truck ive wanted for a long time. I dont want 35's anyways so i guess the question now is whats the best set up on the 3 " lift... factory feeling ride isnt the biggest concern.
You sir just asked the right question.

Take a look at the "Lift" link in my signature. Tons of good info there. You can build a quality 3" lift many different ways. It all depends on your budget.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much are you willing to spend? I would check out the OME lift setups and look into getting new ucas as well. Stay away from blocks and spacers.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
I had 4" of lift at one point and wasnt to smooth haha.
so i scanned through your build pics and the one after you said you went to 295's.. are you still on the 3" pro comp lift only or had you done something else at that point... nice srh sticker btw!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
yeah i had no plans for either ... honeslty i was hoping to have around 1500 in the lift tires and wheels ... if thats not even in the ball park i guess i'll have to bite a bullet or two haha.. and thanks for the link and all the help
Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't post asking how to get your mpg back up once you done the lift and tires, because you can't, it will tank.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
ill deal with it lol. that thread on lifts is amazing btw ...
Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Haaann
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i scanned through your build pics and the one after you said you went to 295's.. are you still on the 3" pro comp lift only or had you done something else at that point... nice srh sticker btw!
Yeah I still had the pro comp lift, and I still run the rear part of the kit.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885, top spacers. OME shocks. AAL kit.

Best all purpose general set up. Throw in some UCAs and you're set.

Products Discussed in this Thread