Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Options

Old 11-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Options

So after pouring through many of the suspension threads I think I've decided to get a lift for the Taco for Christmas. I had been talking a bit with Dylan from Toytec mainly about the ultimate lift and the 3" kit with adjustable coil overs. I was wondering who was using the kit they have for 629.99 and what drawbacks there may be vs. the other 2 kits.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Truck is mainly used on road with just some light off roading from time to time so I don't want to go too expensive if I don't have to(although I don't really have any budget restraints) but I don't want a cheap spacer lift either.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885s & Dakars. 3" front & rear.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I was wondering who was using the kit they have for 629.99 and what drawbacks there may be vs. the other 2 kits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
OME 885s & Dakars. 3" front & rear.
*picture*
I'm not sure how that answers his question in any way, shape or form, but thanks for the pic? lol.

Josh: I can't comment on that lift or the other 2 kits, because I don't have them. I do know that Toytec is having a Black Friday sale which, IIRC, runs through the end of the day on Sunday (tomorrow) 11/27. I wouldn't depend on this thread to provide you a definitive answer. Do some searches (here and TTORA), keep working with Dylan @ Toytec and I would pull the trigger before the weekend's over. Because hey, 10% discount.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...iday-sale.html
Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need a spring compressor to install those but they sell pre assembled ones. You prob won't need the diff drop either. Just pick up their pre assembled shocks (grey ones), aal, longer bolts and centering pins. You'll prob want to get some uca's for any alignment issues but not always needed.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input. I did end up pulling the trigger to take advantage of the sale and picked up this kit along with a set of LR UCA's.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Thanks for the input. I did end up pulling the trigger to take advantage of the sale and picked up this kit along with a set of LR UCA's.

I would go for the Dakars. It cost more but easy to install and well worth it. The LT UCA's work well. Also for some reason they told me to do the UCA's after the coilovers were done. Just do it all at one time. I have 8K on my lift it's all good. Recheck everthing after a few hundred miles and let's see some picks.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the same lift 2 weeks ago the Toyotec Eibach spring, the BIlstein 5100 set at .85 and the TSB AAL. I also installed the diff drop. I have a 2010 double cab with the TRD offroad pakage. I didn't add the the 3/4 spacers at this time which I will do later when I replace the upper control arms. I was dealing with Ben at Toyotec who was very helpful. The lift was easy to install and a friend had a good wall mount spring compressor. The only issue I had after the alignment was complete I notice a sligt vibration at 65mpg and that was an easy fix with carrier barring drop kit which ordered from Toyotec a couple day later. All said and done the truck look and rides good, it has a slight rake in the front but the 3/4 spacers will take care of that later. But I was on the fence between the OME or Toyotec lift there was only a hundred dollar difference and they are just about the same lift. I think I a made a good choice.