Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment

Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
nobackhair is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
nobackhair's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment

Bought an 07 Taco that has DR coilovers Noticed the front tires were waring wierd. Mostly drivers outside edge. They were real noisy when they shouldn't have been. My son said I just needed to get some good UCA's like yesterday. Got it done last night. My question is do I need to use the alignment shop that was recommended by the place I got the UCA's or can I go to this local owner shop I've gone to for basic alignments.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackhair View Post
Bought an 07 Taco that has DR coilovers Noticed the front tires were waring wierd. Mostly drivers outside edge. They were real noisy when they shouldn't have been. My son said I just needed to get some good UCA's like yesterday. Got it done last night. My question is do I need to use the alignment shop that was recommended by the place I got the UCA's or can I go to this local owner shop I've gone to for basic alignments.
Any competent alignment shop should be able to get your alignment right with the new ucas.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
im a certified tech at a dealership. when we do alignments its only cars with stock suspension. i would take it somewhere that is familiar with trucks that have full adjustable suspension. its not hard to do an alignment on any vehicle but recommend someone who works on full adjustable suspension.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
im a certified tech at a dealership. when we do alignments its only cars with stock suspension. i would take it somewhere that is familiar with trucks that have full adjustable suspension. its not hard to do an alignment on any vehicle but recommend someone who works on full adjustable suspension.
It always feels good to hear from people that do these particulars for a living. I respect your response. I read somewhere that it's not suppose to be dealers specs if you make such conversions. That's why I'm hesitent about going to my Mom n Pop Shop. Do you know what a specialty shop might do different that you wouldn't? Is it possible they might make thread setting adjustments (ring nut) on the coilovers? Don't expect you to know but I'm mostly curious.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
depends on who you take it to but if they are familiar with these suspensions they should set all of it. camber, toe and ride height. i would tell them to check the height tho
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
They shouldn't have to touch the adjustment collars. If you go to an alignment shop just tell them what specs you want and they should be able to get them in spec for you. Here's what I had the shop set mine at last alignment

I haven't a clue where I wan't settings. I have a different size wheel (17) and tires (285/70/17) than you have here. This is great info though. I appreciate your help. thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Wheel and tire size makes no difference for alignment settings really. I had 285/75R16 tires for that aligmment the computer just brings up whatever the stock tires are. If you are lifted you want to be around positive 2.4-2.8* of caster, and as close to 0 on the toe and camber as possible.
Sounds good enough. thanks again.