Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What Coilover!?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
What Coilover!?

Ok here we go with the! "6inch lifts are ghey" ect...........................!
If you dont have anything good to say GTFO

Ok now that we got that out of the way! Here is the deal the wife just gave me the thumbs up for the coilovers and new rear shocks! I was going to go with the procomp stage 2 but I want to get my Tw fam ideas! Don't want to spend to much but dont want to get cheap shit eather! We are buying a house right now so I don't want to spend a shitload! I just want something that is going to last and do well! Ok let the start!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
6 inch lifts are retarded. Haha.

I would spring for the stage 2 kit but if you are buying a house then I would skip on the lift because with a lift you will want tires and with tires you will want rims.

live via
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I would spring for the stage 2 kit but if you are buying a house then I would skip on the lift because with a lift you will want tires and with tires you will want rims.

live via
wheels and tires = regear = worse MPG (without regear) = less money = less fun.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
"6inch lifts are ghey"
You said it. Gotta respect a guy that's honest.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
or go with the stage 1kit and icon 6" coilovers
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I would buy either King's or Icon's that are made to fit drop bracket lifts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-TOYOTA-...item3368b97779
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Dude there is a guy on here (ahem..the parts whore) who just sold a group buy of full fox kit (coiovers and rear shocks) with an AP rear leaf pack for $1500. It is what I have....maybe look into that?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

live via
I am already lifted stage 1 just upgrading to coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
wheels and tires = regear = worse MPG (without regear) = less money = less fun.
Ya I am not going any higher I am happy with my tires no need for regearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
You said it. Gotta respect a guy that's honest.
Eat a .... oh and I mean that in the nicest way you would not understand anyways! It's a v6 thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
Dude there is a guy on here (ahem..the parts whore) who just sold a group buy of full fox kit (coiovers and rear shocks) with an AP rear leaf pack for $1500. It is what I have....maybe look into that?
Thanks I will look around just need to check on different styles!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
dollabill415 will become famous soon enough

dollabill415's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
might i add i have that setup too (from the parts whore)... wooo!
try to contact him maybe he can get more i dunno

good luck op just do ur HW itll work out
Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollabill415 View Post
might i add i have that setup too (from the parts whore)... wooo!
try to contact him maybe he can get more i dunno

good luck op just do ur HW itll work out
Will do thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
I would say king, icon, fox or SAW if they make coilovers for the six inch lift, and get the relating rear resis or piggybacks. You will love the ride! also get ride of the block for a custom leaf pack brah! i run SAW coilovers and hadnt had any issues with putting them through hell! same goes for my deavers and fox rear piggyback shocks!

bottom line, for coilovers and rear shocks your looking at 1500-2000ish
Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #12

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
I would say king, icon, fox or SAW if they make coilovers for the six inch lift, and get the relating rear resis or piggybacks. You will love the ride! also get ride of the block for a custom leaf pack brah! i run SAW coilovers and hadnt had any issues with putting them through hell! same goes for my deavers and fox rear piggyback shocks!

bottom line, for coilovers and rear shocks your looking at 1500-2000ish
Ya that is what I was thinking as far a price I think I mite call down south motorsports and see what they can hook up!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the part where you start the fad?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #14

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trh View Post
DSM's KINGS for the drop brackets are like $1700 IIRC
Mmmm that sounds good that replaces the hole thing deleting the spacer right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Is this the part where you start the fad?
Yup
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #15

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trh View Post
Correct, it is a complete replacement for the entire strut and spacer combo.

You could also get a custom color for an additional $300
They are blue ya man I think I mite go with that checking now!!!!!!

Edit: truck is looking good mang!!!!