Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spacer Lift question??

Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
FL TRD is on a distinguished road
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer Lift question??

Alright guys im going to be going with a spacer lift for my truck only beacuse its a 2wd and I wont be offroading with it so I dont want to spend a lot of money. My question is will the 3" spacer in the front and 2" blocks in the back level my truck or keep it a rake if it keeps it at a rake then will 1.5" blocks level it? I know almost everyone on here hates spacers but for what i use the truck for they will be fine. And if anyone on here has pics of there spacer lifts i would like to see them with out people bashing them please lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
there r tons of pics, use the search, but most ppl will tell u to stay away from spacers, i guess the ride is horrible with them, ive never had them so i cant say for sure, but from what ive read on here, stay away. lol. serach button dose work wonders tho.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Taco R/C is on a distinguished road
Taco R/C's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rough country 3" spacer lift and am very pleased with it. The truck sets pretty much level with the 2" blocks. I dont think the ride is that bad.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
if u search spacer lift ull find tons of pix. as said most ppl will advise against them for reasons other than ride quality
Old 11-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bunch of friends with spacer lifts on different vehicles and they all ride almost stock it doesnt affect ride much but people bash spacer lifts because they install them and go jump there trucks or do hard off roading which there not designed for. Thanks for the info but i cant find pics of specific 3" in the front and 2" in the rear everyone says they have a 3" lift does that mean 3" all the way around? Thanks Taco thats what i wanted to know was with the 3/2 if that sits level.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
i hate when people say "go search". and when they dog other people for choosing spacers. its your truck, do what you want. and a 3 inch spacer and a 2 inch block will level your truck. it sits an inch lower in the front. you could look into 5100s, i think there like the same price as spacers.. hope this helps
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info dredog and back up lol
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
I just installed the Rough Country spacers on the front, but haven't done the rear yet. The truck sits about 1.5" high in the front as is.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL TRD View Post
I have a bunch of friends with spacer lifts on different vehicles and they all ride almost stock it doesnt affect ride much but people bash spacer lifts because they install them and go jump there trucks or do hard off roading which there not designed for. Thanks for the info but i cant find pics of specific 3" in the front and 2" in the rear everyone says they have a 3" lift does that mean 3" all the way around? Thanks Taco thats what i wanted to know was with the 3/2 if that sits level.
i was seriously considering it too as i dont off road either before i became too unmotivated lol but for most second gens i think the front sits about an inch and a half lower than the back.. maybe then 2 inches