1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spacer Lift question??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FL TRD, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    FL TRD

FL TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Alright guys im going to be going with a spacer lift for my truck only beacuse its a 2wd and I wont be offroading with it so I dont want to spend a lot of money. My question is will the 3" spacer in the front and 2" blocks in the back level my truck or keep it a rake if it keeps it at a rake then will 1.5" blocks level it? I know almost everyone on here hates spacers but for what i use the truck for they will be fine. And if anyone on here has pics of there spacer lifts i would like to see them with out people bashing them please lol.

2. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    there r tons of pics, use the search, but most ppl will tell u to stay away from spacers, i guess the ride is horrible with them, ive never had them so i cant say for sure, but from what ive read on here, stay away. lol. serach button dose work wonders tho.

3. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    Taco R/C

Taco R/C Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 3in
    3inch lift , 18" rims
    I have the rough country 3" spacer lift and am very pleased with it. The truck sets pretty much level with the 2" blocks. I dont think the ride is that bad.

4. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    if u search spacer lift ull find tons of pix. as said most ppl will advise against them for reasons other than ride quality

5. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    FL TRD

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    I have a bunch of friends with spacer lifts on different vehicles and they all ride almost stock it doesnt affect ride much but people bash spacer lifts because they install them and go jump there trucks or do hard off roading which there not designed for. Thanks for the info but i cant find pics of specific 3" in the front and 2" in the rear everyone says they have a 3" lift does that mean 3" all the way around? Thanks Taco thats what i wanted to know was with the 3/2 if that sits level.

6. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    DreDog

DreDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    i hate when people say "go search". and when they dog other people for choosing spacers. its your truck, do what you want. and a 3 inch spacer and a 2 inch block will level your truck. it sits an inch lower in the front. you could look into 5100s, i think there like the same price as spacers.. hope this helps

7. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    Ryan07

Ryan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC,LB Sport 4x4
    Icon Ext. Coilovers, LR UCA's, Icon AAL, Nitro 9000 Shocks, 7"Kragen HID's/Billet Grille, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Bed Lights, Diff Breather Mod, D-Rings Mod, LED Interior Lighting/Plate Lights, LED 4X4 Switch, Viper Starter, AVH-P4200DVD, PAC Interface, OEM Backup Camera/Pop&lock, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertech Mats, Husky Mud Flaps, 8000lbs Champion Winch/Winch Cradle and Quick Connect Kit, 4,500lbs Champion Winch/Front Hidden Winch Mount, OEM Painted Rims, Spidertrax 1.25, 265/70R17 BFG KO's
    I Had the Rough Country spacers, check out my pics. Old and long story short I now have Icons.

8. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    FL TRD

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Thanks for the info dredog and back up lol

9. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    PLYDRTY

PLYDRTY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCSB
    I just installed the Rough Country spacers on the front, but haven't done the rear yet. The truck sits about 1.5" high in the front as is.

10. Nov 30, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    i was seriously considering it too as i dont off road either before i became too unmotivated lol but for most second gens i think the front sits about an inch and a half lower than the back.. maybe then 2 inches

Products Discussed in

To Top