Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100/Eibach Installed Pics and Questions

Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
5100/Eibach Installed Pics and Questions

Alright, so I finally am able to make one of these threads and provide some pictures! I was so envious of everyone else that was making this kind of thread, until now! Got it back from the shop this morning. They did wonderful work, I must say. They installed everything from unmounting the TPMS in my old wheels to aligning the truck. Here is the list that was installed:

Eibach/ToyTec Coils
Bilstein 5100's front (.85) and rear
ToyTec 1.5" TSB AAL (I dont have the TSB leaf pack but it was closest to level)
SPC/LR UCA's
18x9 Moto Metal 951's 4.5"bs -12os
Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60/18

Overall, very pleased with the look. I know everyone and their mother is doing the whole "blacked out" look, but there is something about chrome and black that just work well together.

As far as future mods go, I have a pair of Hella 500ff's that are going to go behind a 5pc black powder coated billet grill mounted on a Black Diamond Light bar (should be here sometime next week). I have a nice little chrome TRD emblem that should work well with all of the other chrome accents I have (lower left corner of grille). Other than that, thank you TW for making me broke as shit!

Without further ado, here are the pics (cell phone for now, T3i SLR after Christmas)

By no means am I a photographer (especially with my phone), but the pictures do the truck no justice.

I actually had a question regarding my mud flaps. Now, my tire is not that big (31.5"), but not even at full lock I am rubbing them. I was hoping to keep them on (don't want rocks scratching my truck), but they rub at 3/4 turn in the center of them. Is it possible to trim the middle out, or am I SOL on that?

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and if not, well, be happy it's not your truck! haha
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
The truck looks good.

I have read in some other threads about messing with the lca's to move the wheel forward to help with rubbing.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, here is the numbers for the alignment.

Left front:
.52* Camber
2.53* Caster
.03* Toe

Right front:
.28* Camber
2.33* Caster
.00* Toe

Does that sound like a decent alignment?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Camron-Did you need to do the ucas or was that just personal preference? I thought that you could get away without replacing them if doing eibach coils and 5100's set at 0.85?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #6

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody76 View Post
Camron-Did you need to do the ucas or was that just personal preference? I thought that you could get away without replacing them if doing eibach coils and 5100's set at 0.85?
Don't know if I needed them or not, just preferred to have the better ride on the highway. The consensus is that you don't necessarily need them, but I wasn't taking the chance. They aren't too expensive (380$).
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
Ok, here is the numbers for the alignment.

Left front:
.52* Camber
2.53* Caster
.03* Toe

Right front:
.28* Camber
2.33* Caster
.00* Toe

Does that sound like a decent alignment?
Yea thats not bad. The caster looks good. I would trim the flaps so you don't rub.

And the truck looks great!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
OP....here is a link to a thread that talks about adjusting the lca's if trimming doesn't fix your issues.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rance+with+lca
Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #9

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berg2065 View Post
OP....here is a link to a thread that talks about adjusting the lca's if trimming doesn't fix your issues.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rance+with+lca
Thanks a lot man! Ill definitely give that a look, would much rather keep them then take them off.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I just trimmed my flaps down a bit. There are pics in my gallery I believe. They still keep rocks and crap off the paint, and no more rubbing with the same lift, and 265/70-17's on 17x9 wheels with 4.5 backspace. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #11

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
They don't rub towards the bottom of the flap however, so I don't think trimming them will do anything. They rub in the center of the flap, towards the top. Not sure what I will do. Ill keep everyone posted...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed mine inboard as well. Mine rubbed a bit at 3/4 turn where the plastic bumps out a bit. No more rubbing.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... no pictures showing in the thread. Hopefull just tcbob's server update. I'll check back later, I'd like to see the pics.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #14

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I trimmed mine inboard as well. Mine rubbed a bit at 3/4 turn where the plastic bumps out a bit. No more rubbing.
This sounds exactly like the issue I am having. It rubs in two spots, both spots are sticking out a little further than the rest. I trimmed the smaller one down, no more rubbing, but the other spot still rubs. Got to find a way to trim it down without it looking semi retarded.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Hmm... no pictures showing in the thread. Hopefull just tcbob's server update. I'll check back later, I'd like to see the pics.
I am seeing them now. If you can't, you can just click my gallery and see them.