Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ICON Stage 2 What else do I need????

Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
MikCad is on a distinguished road
MikCad's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Stage 2 What else do I need????

Hey TW,

I recently purchased an ICON Stage 2 suspension system. I was originally leaning toward OME, but felt I got a pretty good deal on the Icon setup. Anyways, I'm curious if there is anything else I'll need before I have it installed? I did purchase some LR UCAs (I couldn't justify the additional expense of TCs).

Any input is appreciated.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Nothing else that I know of.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
MikCad's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you brought up wheels/tires. Do I just need a wheel with 4.5/5" of BS -12mm offset?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Slinging parts since '03
The Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Parts Whore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The Parts Whore's Tacoma Gallery
If your funds allow it, grab some uniball UCA...oh, and you can PM me for that.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Zat is a verrry nice set up yes. I plan on getting the same, with the other type of shocks though, the ones with the remote reservoir, And some dakars instead of the AAls. Good luck with the install man.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
You need to get another set for me!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
If theyre the ext travel Icons, you'll prob be OK but a uniball would prob give you a little more travel but I think those do the job too! Nice set up, you'll be very happy with those. Just don't pre load the crap out of them and they be perfect!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
MikCad's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't the LR UCAs uniball design??
Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, get the camburgs
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
No, they're ball joints and are for primarily alignment. My camburg ball joints aren't as strong as the uniballs but the ball is re-positioned for more travel.......I wonder if the LR's are too?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Icon Kit, but i skipped the AAL, and went with the Dakars.
Here's what Else:
Upper control arms really are a must for proper alignment.
Longer rear brake lines. (I did the Fronts while i was at it)
Carrier Bearing Drop.
And 8 hours for install!! It was really easy.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
A good way to get better use out of ext Icons (if thats what you ordered) is to get the camburg ball joint ucas. Allow for more travel but less price than the uniball. Now if you beat the crap out of the truck, go with the stronger uniball