1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB ? what is this

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jjacks, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Nov 17, 2008 at 8:41 AM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl. cab Trd 4x4 Silver
    Steelcraft brush guard, afe air filter, Lift kit (coming soon) Maybe a throttle body spacer
    Alright, I need some help with my acronym bank. What is TSB, where do get them, how do install them, and why are they better than AALs? I am getting the 5100s up front and a toytec diff drop, but for the rear i am unsure what to do.

2. Nov 17, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  3. Nov 17, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    Steelcraft brush guard, afe air filter, Lift kit (coming soon) Maybe a throttle body spacer
    Alright, I need some help with my acronym bank. What is TSB, where do get them, how do install them, and why are they better than AALs? I am getting the 5100s up front and a toytec diff drop, but for the rear i am unsure what to do.

So, does anybody have a # for toyota that I can call to have an appt. set up to get the new TSB for my 08 dbl cab trd.

4. Nov 17, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm not sure what you are thumbs downing bro- Did you read the link in the #2 post in your thread??

It explains alot...you can also use the search function and find more than enough info about it.

5. Nov 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Yeah, the thumbs down was a little much... Bad form... However, in the spirit of TW.com and the great people in this community, I'll try to answer your question.

The TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. The "rear TSB" that you read so much about on this site isn't necessarily a "lift component", it's a replacement of your rear spring pack. The side effect of having this done is that most people experience about a 1" lift in the back, but it will settle a bit. I had the rear TSB done (lifted mine almost a inch) then lifted the front 3". Right now, the front is just a touch higher than the back (maybe 1/2"), but I have a 2" AAL that I still haven't put on yet. Nor have I put on the rear 5100s for that matter... :eek:

Anyway, hope this helps you out a little.

As far as setting up an appointment, just call your local dealership and talk to their service department. Someone should be able to help you.

6. Nov 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    Just an old Texan...too!! Hometown up until 18 years Lufkin, Tx.

I have know idea why that thumb is pointing down...it must have a mind of its own. Well i appreciate all the replies. Now what should i tell the service guys so i can score a new leafpack. My truck is an 08 with only 4500k on it, so its qualifies in the mileage category. I can justify needing the bigger leafpack if i have too, I have boats and I work for a contractor so I am all the time hauling something.

7. Nov 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Tell them your ride bottoms out when a load is on the back it creates a rough ride

8. Nov 17, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock

is this something that u really want??? its going to change the way ur truck rides, some people like the stiffness, and some people like the stock ride. it all depends the style of riding u like. dont just do it cuz its a TSB. do some research and see if this is a TSB for you

9. Nov 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......

hey cool!! Im in Lufkin

10. Nov 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    Man thats cool....I never would have thought I'd bump into another Lufknite the first time I posted on an internet forum. Well I guess Lufkin is finally on the map now, hummh. Well anyways, yeah I want this TSB because of course I am gonna go off road and haul stuff. I was gonna do a rear lift anyways & the 5100s are already being shipped. So do I need a diff drop with the 2.5" setting on the front? Also, does anybody know what kinda mpg gains are coming with the removal of the secondary air filter? What about a possible deckplate mod on the 2008? Does anybody have this?

11. Nov 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    people are satisfied with their removal of the secondary, but no deckplate mod for the 2nd gen

12. Nov 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Not absolutely necessary, but it really wouldn't hurt. It's $30 from ToyTec and takes about 5 minutes to install. Almost a no brainer just for the peace of mind. I installed it on mine when I did my lift.

13. Nov 21, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    about the 5100s... they dont do anything for lifting the back right? I know they will improve off road handling and stuff, but as of right now I cant afford to do the back 5100s too. Also, I just added a brush guard this weekend it weights 80lbs...Now my question is, if I set the 5100s at 2.5 up front and possibly get an inch out of the rear TSB(when its done) will the 5100s settle a bit up front, so that the truck doesnt sit higher in the front than it will in the back. The reason I ask is because I dont like the way some trucks look with the front higher.

I guess the short answer is probably that both the front and the rear (TSB) will settle over time, huh.

14. Nov 21, 2008 at 4:57 PM
    jjacks

jjacks [OP] Member

Member:
    Grainger Co. TN
    Vehicle:
    quik one here... Do i need ucas after doin 5100's up front? Will I some day, because others on this site say that after so long your tire wear screws up. Am I completely off mark on this or what?

Products Discussed in

To Top