Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ABS/Traction control systems with lift and bigger tires?

Old 12-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
ABS/Traction control systems with lift and bigger tires?

Hey guys,

I have an '09 Tacoma, looking into a 3" lift and 32" or 33" tires. Just curious about any issues with ATRAC/ABS systems with a lift? I previously had a '04 Tacoma with 6" fabtech and 35's. The ABS didn't work because the wheel speed sensor was off. I heard of ways to fix it, but never bothered.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO
CCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 19 EMS AERO REPAIR/CRASH RECOVERY
Name: Shawn
CCFBERG's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Got my VSC fixed with an alignment and VSC re-cal. Works great but all the VSC re-cal does is zero out the steering inclination sensor after the alignment. see my post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post4178113

However, I noticed the last couple days in the weather we are having here and the way I drive....My ABS shoulda kicked in at some time over the last week and it hasnt. So today...wet, icy-ish roads...I mashed the brakes hard several times....nothing but skid! So ....damnit! That means the computer needs to be reflashed for the bigger tires. SUX!!!!!! Then again Im not a fan of ABS either. Hope that answers your question.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFBERG View Post
Got my VSC fixed with an alignment and VSC re-cal. Works great but all the VSC re-cal does is zero out the steering inclination sensor after the alignment. see my post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post4178113

However, I noticed the last couple days in the weather we are having here and the way I drive....My ABS shoulda kicked in at some time over the last week and it hasnt. So today...wet, icy-ish roads...I mashed the brakes hard several times....nothing but skid! So ....damnit! That means the computer needs to be reflashed for the bigger tires. SUX!!!!!! Then again Im not a fan of ABS either. Hope that answers your question.
I believe the VSC recalibration also zeros the yaw sensor