Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Prerunner vs 4WD stance

Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
trdchic is on a distinguished road
Name: Wouldn't you like to know!
trdchic's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner vs 4WD stance

I was at a stoplight and a Prerunner pulled up next to me. It appears to me that the prerunner sits higher. Is this my imagination? If not, can I do the same to my truck? I am not quite ready to commit to a full on lift just yet...
Old 12-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
To be continued...
Gorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gorillazrus's Tacoma Gallery
Per runners are a little lighter due to no transfer case, front drive shafts, ect.
Less weight = higher ride height?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota lists the heights as being the same. Any difference would be less than 1/2" if that.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Still installed 2in lift on my prerunner. Looks not function.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Googled Trex eyelids and contacted them direct. Self painted. Might i say your driving a sick ride yourself. Dam nice truck Pogiboy.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
As mentioned probably had a lift on it. You could throw in an AAL and some 5100's for a nice stance that doesn't break the bank.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
nice truck. that t rex looks mean. where you get that? painted it yourself?
There is an colour matched eyelid group buy going on right now

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/186117-eye-lids-painted-match.htm
Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #10
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
id say stock they should sit about even, but after a lift is installed there probably will be a more noticeable difference. Andrew H and I have the exact same lift and since mine is a prerunner it did sit a bit higher. im positive its cuz the transfer case and all that heavier stuff on the 4x4
Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
FOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud of
Name: Barry
FOUR X FOUR DUDE.'s Tacoma Gallery
Wink

I used to sell Toyotas and bought an "07 new, regular cab 4X2 prerunner. I seem to remember in the brochure that the 4X2 prerunner was listed as being .5" taller than the 4X4. (ground clearance). Not sure why, also had a Jeep Liberty and 4X4 was indeed lower than 4X2. Currently I have my beloved '11 Tacoma 4X4 Reg Cab, auto......sweetest ride ever. When I die, it will be buried with me !