Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help me analyze my alignment results

Old 12-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Help me analyze my alignment results

Front Left

Camber (Specified Range -0.1 - 0.6): 0.1 degrees (before: 0.1)
Caster (Specified Range 1.8 - 3.3): 3.9 degrees (before: same)
Toe (Specified Range -0.07 - 0.13): 0.07 degrees (before: 0.14)
SAI (Specified Range 10.3 - 11.8): 10.4 degrees (before: same)
Included Angle (Specified Range 9.3 - 12.3): 10.5 degrees (before: same)

Front Right

Camber (Specified Range -0.1 - 0.6): 0.7 degrees (before: 0.6)
Caster (Specified Range 1.8 - 3.3): 3.8 degrees (before: same)
Toe (Specified Range -0.07 - 0.13): -0.03 degrees (before: -0.24)
SAI (Specified Range 10.3 - 11.8): 9.9 degrees (before: 10.0)
Included Angle (Specified Range 9.3 - 12.3): 10.6 degrees (before: same)

How does it look?

The guy at the shop said that my camber adjustments were "maxed out" due to my lift (2.5" with Camburg coilovers and UCAs), and couldn't make them any better.

My car pulled to the right when I brought it in, but it didn't get any better. Is that caused by the camber and/or caster on the right, front tire?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Right Camber needs to be brought down to near what the other side is.....You have alot of Caster. Have it dropped to about 2.6*
Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Is it true what he said about camber adjustment being "maxed out" because of my lift?

How bad it 3.9 degree caster?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
Is it true what he said about camber adjustment being "maxed out" because of my lift?

How bad it 3.9 degree caster?
I dont think so. You want LESS camber on the right side. Not more. And you want less Caster.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
bump
Why the bump? I just gave you the info you needed.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
hold tight man let me take a peek
Old 12-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok the reason its pulling right is the camber. u have too much camber on the right side. a difference (or total) of .5* or more will cause a pull. what needs to happen is the right side needs to come down on both camber and caster. the left side needs to drop caster to try and match where the right side ends up. but i like where the camber is on the left side. dont pay attention to IA or SAI they wont be in when u lift a truck. id bring it to a shop who knows how to align lifted trucks. also make sure the guy didnt mean that u have a cam or eccentric thats SIEZED rather than "maxed out". two completely different things. I align lifted Toyotas almost everyday including memebers on here....lmk how this goes pm me if u wanna....
Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Lol! ^
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Bump

Anyone got an answer ?

Anyone at all ?
really? ha
Old 12-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
really? ha
You know I'm just kidding