Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein Lift Options. Help me out here.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
ryank 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein Lift Options. Help me out here.

Ok so i think im gonna get this kit http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

For the rear options, should i get 1.5" TSP or 2"? I see alot getting the 1.5"
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the Toyota Rear Leaf TSB, you should get the 1.5''. If you do not, get the 2'' leaf option.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
i don't think i do. does that mean you already have 4 leafs? because i only have 3
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
You have the non-TSB packs. (if you are counting all the leaves, including the shorter overload leaf)
Get the 2" non-TSB AAL from ToyTec if you want to lift that amount.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #5

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks alot!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank 5 View Post
Thanks alot!
Edit:
Clarification, see my last post.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #7

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
it's 3. again thanks. and what's the highest i can go on the front without doing any damage to it?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's 3. again thanks. and what's the highest i can go on the front without doing any damage to it?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #9

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
i'm confused. what's the range of the heights? highest and lowest
Old 12-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
0 , .85 , 1.75 , 2.5
Old 12-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #12

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
4x4. is 0 the highest or lowest?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lowest
Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You asked what's the highest you can go without doing ANY damage. If you don't want to risk any premature wear and tear on suspension and driveline components, OZ was telling you to stay at the 0 or stock setting. Although he was being a bit of a wise ass, he's correct. Anytime you lift a vehicle and change the angles that the driveline operates at, you run the risk of introducing vibrations or premature wear of certain components.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
0 is the lowest .

0 , .85 , 1.75 , 2.5 inches of lift respectively

You can put it up to 2.5 , many people running that height on here , in fact you can add top plate spacers and get a true 3" .

My comment that 0 is the highest you can go without damage is just that as soon as you lift at all above stock height you assume some risk for prematurely wearing out front end components such as CV's and the front diff .

You may not have any problems , but then again you may .

EDIT : Damn your quick fingers Pugga
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #16

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
ok i see. but can i put it at 2.5 when i'm just driving on the road? that would'nt do anything would it? and i could move it down if i were to go off roading? and would a top plate spacer change the quality of ride?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #17

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
what about this? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

would this be fine for just on road use?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
OZ is correct and one other thing to keep in mind, there is a limit to how high you can lift the front before you run into alignment issues, in doing my research here and asking around, i was advised to install the front struts set at no higher than 1.75, which i did and had no issues with the alignment, i do however have a periodic hum from the front differential because i altered the geometry of the suspension, this would be the premature wear that everyone is talking about. For me it is a tradeoff because i had to fix and lift the back to handle all the weight i normally haul.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
0 is the lowest .

0 , .85 , 1.75 , 2.5 inches of lift respectively

You can put it up to 2.5 , many people running that height on here , in fact you can add top plate spacers and get a true 3" .

My comment that 0 is the highest you can go without damage is just that as soon as you lift at all above stock height you assume some risk for prematurely wearing out front end components such as CV's and the front diff .

You may not have any problems , but then again you may .

EDIT : Damn your quick fingers Pugga

Quote:
ok i see. but can i put it at 2.5 when i'm just driving on the road? that would'nt do anything would it? and i could move it down if i were to go off roading? and would a top plate spacer change the quality of ride?
Traveling, including every day driving with the front lifted brings the potential for premature wear on certain components. Like OZ-T said though, plenty of people have lifts and do not have issues however the safest place for your truck is at the 0 setting. When you lift a truck, you need to be prepared to repair it if and when things do fail. Not trying to scare you but you posed the question of what's the safest setting and that is without a doubt the stock setting. The lower the lift, the less likely you are to prematurely wear parts out. The higher you go, the more extreme the angle gets for the CVs and thats when things can start wearing out.

You do not want to get into changing the setting for every driving and off roading. Changing the setting on the 5100's requires the complete disassembly of the front shock, compressing the spring, moving the bottom plate to the new setting, then putting it all back together again and realigning.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #20
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so i think im gonna get this kit http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

For the rear options, should i get 1.5" TSP or 2"? I see alot getting the 1.5"
I just did this with alot of the virginia crew this weekend!

5100's all the way around, front set at 2.5, get the 2 inch AAL for the rear and the 1/4inch top plate spacer for the drivers side. I am Almost completely level.

I love this set up!