Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100s at 1.75 with stock rear suspension

Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s at 1.75 with stock rear suspension

Here is a pick of my truck with newly installed 5100s at 1.75 and a 100% stock rear suspension, it sits pretty much level.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.....What wheel/tire set up are you running? Tire size? etc.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers and 265/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler AT's. (Shows in blue box under username)
Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #4

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers and 265/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler AT's. (Shows in blue box under username)
Thanks, had this is my signature as well as a lot of people would ask, not sure why it is not showing anymore.

*signature fixed
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
How's the ride?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infaMOUSE View Post
How's the ride?
Ride is great, nice upgrade over the stock Bilsteins.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i run the same set up. just kept my stock wheels.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
MurfsTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
MurfsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

This is good to know. I'm getting Bilsteins on all corners but want to lift with eibachs. I have a double cab so am hoping for 1.6" of lift n the front. I was worried that I would sit nose high...I'm glad to see that u r 1.75" in the front and about level
Old 12-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Super curious to hear how the 4cyl rides with 1.75 inch lift
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys feel like it goes nose-high whenever you put a load in the back? I'm looking at getting this set up soon, I don't haul heavy stuff very much but I don't want to end up with a major bro-lean whenever I do.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I never haul anything. It would be nose high if i did. Planning on at least and AAL by spring.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #13

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is pretty much level, may even be slightly nose high but it isn't noticeable. Without a more substantial leaf pack in the back I would almost guarantee it would be very noticeably nose high.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Super curious to hear how the 4cyl rides with 1.75 inch lift

Dosent feel any different to me to be honest not stiffer or anything, just feels higher lol, i see more of the hood now witch always makes me feel nose high but its really not so i don't mind. I don't tow anything but if i ever did id prob get an AAL OR something for the rear if need be the rear is easier to install than the front so I'm not worried about thAT. Other than that my door closes easier so i keep slamming it by accident.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #16
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick fellas. Did you have to buy coils or just shocks?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #17
MurfsTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
MurfsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Think just shocks. 1.75" of lift is 1 option on the adjustable 5100's (0,0.85,1.75,2.5) Eibach springs will give u 1.6" and OME springs will give u 2" depending on which springs u get. with the Bilsteins set at 0 of course. This subject is thoroughly discussed
Old 12-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #18
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
10-4 I did several hours of reading and am just starting to get the groove of things. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #19

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
So im going to have my 5100s installed on wednesday im seriously considering 2.5 setting. I spoke to the guys at DSM and they said that i should b good considering my truck is brand new.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
You're in san diego so you may be a bro. If you are a bro, then lift it 2.5''. Just know that as soon as you drive your truck out of SD everyone laughs at you for your truck being nose high.