Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which size extended travel?

Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
SETX is on a distinguished road

SETX's Tacoma Gallery
Which size extended travel?

I just ordered eibach coils and a 2" aal for a 3 inch lift, tomorrow im ordering bilstein 5100 for the front. But for the back im getting bilstein 5125 (http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ce-shocks.html) these ARE the right ones huh? Im not sure which size valving and travel I should get to accomodate for the 2inch aal?

Edit: also, noob question, but can someone explain what a tsb on the leaf is and if i need one?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You'll want to measure your compressed and extended lengths without the shocks to match the lengths.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #3

SETX's Tacoma Gallery
Umm..how do I go about doing that?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
We need more info on your truck. Is it a 1st or 2nd gen? What year? Straight 4 or V6? 5 or 6 lug?

That being said, a quick phone call to Downsouth Motorsports is all it takes. They should know exactly what you need with all the Tacoma suspensions they sell
Old 12-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #5

SETX's Tacoma Gallery
Its a 2001 v6 6lug...but what about tsb..do I need it? I thought it hadsomething to do with the amount of leaves I have already?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFF BILL View Post
We need more info on your truck. Is it a 1st or 2nd gen? What year? Straight 4 or V6? 5 or 6 lug?

That being said, a quick phone call to Downsouth Motorsports is all it takes. They should know exactly what you need with all the Tacoma suspensions they sell
X2. DSM will be able to tell you exactly what you need
Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETX View Post
Its a 2001 v6 6lug...but what about tsb..do I need it? I thought it hadsomething to do with the amount of leaves I have already?
I would think that a 10" travel shock would work well for you, but I'm just speculating based on similar lifts on 2nd gens.

TSB for a 2001? Really?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #8

SETX's Tacoma Gallery
Idk what a tsb is that's Why I was wonderin.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETX View Post
Idk what a tsb is that's Why I was wonderin.
TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. When a manufacturer feels there is something that needs fixing and/or replacing on a vehicle that's already been produced and sold they issue a TSB.

But they're not around forever and dealers hate doing them