Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front sway bar relocate kit... Needed for a lift?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Front sway bar relocate kit... Needed for a lift?

I've got Icon front coilovers ready to put on but I don't have the sway bar relocate kit. I'll more than likely buy them but what's the reason for them and what would happen if I didn't use them with the truck lifted 3" with the coilovers?

Also lets say when I get my spindles.. I "lower" my coilovers back down and lift the truck with the spindles. Will I need the sway bar relocate kit then??

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Try it. After a couple weeks you'll be able to see if your sway bar is bumping your springs, because the paint at the contact point will wear off and youll have (maybe) a clank over some bumps.

If so, then run the relocate.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Oh so it's not something that is NEEDED for the lift... I'll put them on anyway, since i'll have the truck apart. Do they come in different thickness's or all the same? If they are all the same... What do people do with a 6-8 inch lift?
Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You'll more than likely need them and i def wouldn't let them rub the shock and potentially damage anything! Or.........u could get rid of that sway bar altogether, it just gets in the way lol!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Yep.... Bought a 3" Toytec ultimate lift and the package came with the relocation clamps. You will notice like stated in posts above mine, things will be worn or... You won't be able to put the swaybar back in its original position because your coilovers will be in the way.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Was interested in getting these as well, anyone know if they will be needed / recommended with the OME coils in the front?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #8
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Was interested in getting these as well, anyone know if they will be needed / recommended with the OME coils in the front?
Good question. Subbed for answer
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I have the full OME set up and I had to put them on since when I go over bumps my sway bar hit the bottom of the coils.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #10
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get them and i have eibachs wrapped around 5100s
Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #11
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I will be placing an order for them. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
It occus to me that if you got 2.5" diameter coilovers, you will need the sway bar relocate kit.

All it does is provide extra space between the bar and the spring.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #13
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I've noticed a lot of people have removed theirs, why is that? more articulation for crawling? do people still have the sway bar if they baja or DD their tacoma? I still drive my truck on the streets and like the safety aspect of it lol...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
DD I would keep it on for sure.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Loose the sway bar you'll will hardly tell the diference
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #16
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
I have the full OME set up and I had to put them on since when I go over bumps my sway bar hit the bottom of the coils.
What kind did you get?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Loose the sway bar you'll will hardly tell the diference
Is that independent flex a result of loosing the sway bar?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #18
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Is that independent flex a result of loosing the sway bar?
It allows greater flex because it allows each to work totally independent of each other, the sway bar restricts it greatly. There are some pictures that demonstrate this in action alot better then my picture...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
It allows greater flex because it allows each to work totally independent of each other, the sway bar restricts it greatly. There are some pictures that demonstrate this in action alot better then my picture...
I like how it flexes like that but will I benifit from removing the sway bar while bajaing?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
I like how it flexes like that but will I benifit from removing the sway bar while bajaing?
I honestly dont know not to many sand dunes and desert running in South East Texas lol.