Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help with Lift to My Style?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
seth22 is on a distinguished road
seth22's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with Lift to My Style?

I know this is probly just another " what lift should I get" but I have looked all over and Im just not seeing the information I am looking for. Ok first of Im dont plan on off roading much but still want a good looking truck.

I have a Double Cab Shortbed TRD off road Prerunner. Looking for a 3" lift, this is my first truck, been in the car scene for awhile so its a little confusing to me when your going up and not down.lol

1. What is the best way to go about this without breaking the bank or loosing ride quality.
(I have checked into maybe a kit like this http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6784962-t...2005-2011.html kit and might run 5100s with them on 0.)

2. So another question is do you guys have a better option or can i get your insight on my situation.

Thanks

O and i know ill probably get flamed for lifting a prerunner but idc
Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
What is breaking the bank for you? Spindles and new leaf or add a leaf will offer closest to stock ride quality but run around $1600 with new leaf springs. 5100's and 885 with aal will be cheaper but may require new upper control arms to align properly
Old 12-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Search the billion threads about Bilstein 5100s.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Search the billion threads about Bilstein 5100s.
Damb....is it still that low?i figured at least a trillion.lol