Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension lift for 3"

Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Polowhitfoot is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/1 and 3/5
Polowhitfoot's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension lift for 3"

I am fricken' stoked! I think I figured it out. I have an 02' Tacoma TRD and am looking at getting the Camburg coilovers for the front, Deaver lift springs with the Biltstiens 5100 for the back. Included in the package would be the Camburg upper arms. As for the wheels/tires, I plan on getting some 285/75/16 BFG's with 1.25-1.50" spacers. I'm on the line with the differential drop, but for the money, it seems like a no-brainer.

I'd like to get some feedback on any other parts that I should be buying in order to make this work. It will still be my daily driver and I will have a spare set of wheels/tires for the winter time. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love this forum!

http://www.demello-offroad.com//cata...a766222cb87f8e

How about the Donohoe rear resevoir shocks? Are they worth the extra couple hundred over the Bilstiens?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polowhitfoot View Post
I am fricken' stoked! I think I figured it out. I have an 02' Tacoma TRD and am looking at getting the Camburg coilovers for the front, Deaver lift springs with the Biltstiens 5100 for the back. Included in the package would be the Camburg upper arms. As for the wheels/tires, I plan on getting some 285/75/16 BFG's with 1.25-1.50" spacers. I'm on the line with the differential drop, but for the money, it seems like a no-brainer.

I'd like to get some feedback on any other parts that I should be buying in order to make this work. It will still be my daily driver and I will have a spare set of wheels/tires for the winter time. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love this forum!

http://www.demello-offroad.com//cata...a766222cb87f8e

How about the Donohoe rear resevoir shocks? Are they worth the extra couple hundred over the Bilstiens?
Sounds like you have everything covered! Are you running the tires on the stock rims? I am running the 285 BFG M/T KM2s on stock rims and I just put on 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers.

One thing you're gonna need is a new way to jack up your truck in the event of a flat...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Polowhitfoot is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/1 and 3/5
Polowhitfoot's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET!

I didn't think they would fit on stock rims, so was planning on keeping the stock rims and tires for 'winter' driving and would look into getting different rims for the bigger tires.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
One thing you're gonna need is a new way to jack up your truck in the event of a flat...

I never even thought about that Do you know a place to get new jack?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamado View Post

A lot of people here use the Hi-Lift jack. You can find them online and some people have mentioned a few retail stores, but I can't think of them off hand. Just do a search and you'll find it pretty easily.

But one thing to keep in mind with the Hi-Lift hack is that you need some sort of jack point. I ordered a set of sliders from All Pro Offroad (hopefully here this week!!!) and that's what I'll use. There may be a couple of other options, but you'll need to check that out.

Also, it's very easy to modify the spare tire well under the truck to allow for a full size spare if you run 285s. It's in the Cheap/Free Mods section.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Sounds like you have everything covered! Are you running the tires on the stock rims? I am running the 285 BFG M/T KM2s on stock rims and I just put on 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamado View Post

My stock bottle jack lifts my truck just fine....
Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
You can store Woood or Metal Blocks in your Spare tire to help the bottel Jack out a bit. It give it a few inches start if done right.