Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon Extended Travel

Old 12-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Extended Travel

I havent had any luck coming across the right thread or comments on this...so I will start a new thread.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

On this Icon Stage 1 lift kit from Toytec, you have the option of the 5-8635 Extended Travel coilover. You need aftermarket UCA's and it gives you the two inch add a leaf or the tsb add a leaf option as well.

My question is what is the advantage of the Extended Travel option? Also what is the difference between Long Travel kits that seem to cost around $10 grand as compared to this price?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
$10 grand! WOW are you looking at custom kits? Camburg and TC are just under 3k for the kits then add 1200 for the shocks.

Which kits are you looking at that are 10k?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Extended travel coilovers help use up the articulation that comes with a uniball uca. Stock travel is about 6-7", uca's +coilovers 8-9" and uca's + ext. travel coilovers 10-11".
Old 12-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
$10 grand! WOW are you looking at custom kits? Camburg and TC are just under 3k for the kits then add 1200 for the shocks.

I wasnt looking at LT kits, but I saw a thread a while back where they were talking those numbers. I never looked back at that point. I guess I misunderstood that.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
Extended travel coilovers help use up the articulation that comes with a uniball uca. Stock travel is about 6-7", uca's +coilovers 8-9" and uca's + ext. travel coilovers 10-11".
So what are some of these long travel kits covering then?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post

For front and rear LT, 10 grand aint to far off. And that's not including maintenance costs.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
So what are some of these long travel kits covering then?
13-15 depending on the kit. Bottomline is that LT is badass and i wish i could afford it lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
docjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura about

docjake's Tacoma Gallery
I am running into the same question when looking at the ICON kits, I previously ran the non reservoir Icons on my last truck and when looking at upgrading the current truck I see the extended versions as an option. Does this not increase the binding on the CV when drooped, or are you not able to run these on the 4WD versions at all? Thank you for the help.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
extended travel gives you an extra 7/8" of down travel...