Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Adding More Lift

Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
ryank 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Adding More Lift

If i was to have bilsteins all around with a 2" AAL and new UCA's, what all could i add to provide even more lift? Can i just buy more AAL's for the back? And what would you do with the front? Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Leaf pack for the rear.

live via
Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift do you want? And yes on Leaf pack^^^^
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
New leaf pack for rear. Bilsteins set at 0" and Eibach coils in the front. Or... dom dom dom... body lift.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Or... dom dom dom... body lift.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
885's with the billies @ .85 , Dakars or Expedition packs in the rear
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #7

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Enough probably to fit 33x 12.5. And can i still keep the extra AAL with the leaf pack?
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank 5 View Post
If i was to have bilsteins all around with a 2" AAL and new UCA's, what all could i add to provide even more lift? Can i just buy more AAL's for the back? And what would you do with the front? Thanks!
I would ditch the Bilsteins and AAL. (assuming you don't actually have these yet?)
(keep the Bilsteins if you have them and drop the OME struts and shocks)
Then go with a full OME kit.

Front:
885's + 90000's
Sway bar relocate kit

Rear:
Dakar spring packs
Carrier bearing drop kit
N182 shocks

Get it all at ToyTec

Edit:
Forget 33's unless you want to lose flaps and cut plastic.
Might have to go higher as well.
The higher you go the more your CV's will hate you
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Enough probably to fit 33x 12.5. And can i still keep the extra AAL with the leaf pack?
No
Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #10

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Jflan, you da man. 1. Would i need new UCA's with this? 2. Could i get the top plate spacer option with the 885's? 3. I cant find a carrier bearing drop kit
Old 12-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
to fit 33x12.5s your gonna need to cut fyi
Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #12

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
Can i fit a 12.5 wide without trimming? Im not worried about height
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jflan, you da man. 1. Would i need new UCA's with this? 2. Could i get the top plate spacer option with the 885's? 3. I cant find a carrier bearing drop kit
1. Yes, most report caster adjustment problems at this height and an aftermarket UCA fixes this.
Best current deal is Light Racing (SPC) from Amazon for $380 shipped.
Toytec will price match and they carry the LR UCA.
The LR UCA is the only adjustable aftermarket UCA.

The next step up is the Camburg ball joint UCA. It's $375 plus Moog BJ's which are about $26 each. Wheeler's Off Road has this UCA.
Get the BJ's locally for a better price than Wheeler's if you want to go this route.
Above that for UCA's you get into the various Uniball offerings that start at about $630.

2. Toytec will assemble the front struts and install a trim packer on the driver's strut spring seat.
This special spring seat spacer compensates for the "Taco Lean" phenomenon.
They have a 1/4" top spacer that will yield a 1/2" in actual lift. This will work with the stock length top plate bolts. If you think that you want their larger top spacer you will have to have longer studs installed at the time of strut assembly.

Might be best to call in your order so there's no mixups.
Don't forget to ask for your Tacoma World discount.
You might also get free strut assembly if you're buying a complete kit.
I would ask about it.

Here's the page with the misc. lift parts :
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=118&Itemid=72
Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #14

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
I dont there really is a kit with your recommended setup. And Would everything run smoothly with this spacer option? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 12-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #15

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
*i dont think
Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #16

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont there really is a kit with your recommended setup. And Would everything run smoothly with this spacer option? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
There is indeed, I just received delivery of one.

Go on their "kit" page and work the drop-downs.
You just add the misc stuff that you want that doesn't appear in the drop-downs.
You might want to call them so you can communicate exactly what you want.
They like "phone" if you know what I mean.

Now these "spacers" are not those nasty tall spacers that the ghetto lifts use.
They are short and are just used for final trim adjustments after the springs break in.
You may not need them at all.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #17

ryank 5's Tacoma Gallery
I cant quite find the right kit that doesnt have extra stuff. But yeah ill probably have to give them a call. What would you say, around $1500 total?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #18

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I cant quite find the right kit that doesnt have extra stuff. But yeah ill probably have to give them a call. What would you say, around $1500 total?
No, not that much.
I think I was under $1100.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
No, not that much.
I think I was under $1100.
Including Daks and the LR UCA's ?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #20
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
jflan, thanks for the info. it helps me alot too. how much total lift did you get?